Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com

Old 05-18-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone - I just stumbled upon this thread and want to thank everyone for the helpful reviews.

I see there were some posts about condensation and would like to clear that up. Yes, a few lights did have some water intrusion issues. This was admittedly a design flaw by me and has been fixed. I'll explain what happened. All lights need to breathe to allow the temperatures inside the light to normalize with the temps outside - too much heat inside the light equals condensation. So, to solve for this we install vents in the housing. Where I made an error was in the design of the vent. Some customers had water get into the light where the wires come out of the housing - water was able to follow the path of the wire and get through the vent, resulting in the condensation issues you've read about. I make no excuses, this was our fault and I hope I've made it right with all who have come back to me with concerns.

I did develop a new venting system that doesn't allow water in and am happy to say we haven't had any issues with the new design. That said, the lights still aren't 'water proof' so I wouldnt submerge them completely but they should be as sealed as your stock lights now.

Also, we are a small shop - most of the work is done in my basement which has been converted into our shop and we also have a large garage for storage of inventory and some fab work. We have a temperature and humidity controlled paint booth, lots of modification equipment, etc etc. Its definitely nothing fancy though!

I hope that helps to answer some questions and provide a bit more background about us. Check us out on Facebook for recent pictures of customer installs: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HIDpr..._composer=true

Thanks again for all of the great discussion guys - we work mostly off of happy customer referrals so please keep the feedback coming!

Tom
Old 05-18-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Great to see a small shop own up to a mistake and take proper action to make customers happy. More companies need to follow your rule. Another one I can remember is bajarack. They got raked over the coals by overland journal, instead of running complaining, they fixed the issues and their products are better now.

great on you!

Quick Reply: HID Projectors from HIDProjectors.com