Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metalcloak Rocksport Shocks

Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metalcloak Rocksport Shocks

Anyone running these and have some real world reviews?
Old 05-30-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Just put a set on my last week. Wheeled at hot springs this weekend and very happy off-road. I haven't drove it down the road yet.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at a jeep event recently and won a voucher for a complete set of 4 RosckSport shocks, but I also just bought a complete set of Fox Performance Series and installed them with my lift. So I have no use for the RockSport shocks. It wuld be interesting to hear if anyone feels that they are better/worse than the Fox shocks I have installed now. I know that the Fox shocks ride very well and control 37" well both on and off road. I've yet to meet anyone with the Metal Cloak shocks to get a face to face opinion.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
I was at a jeep event recently and won a voucher for a complete set of 4 RosckSport shocks, but I also just bought a complete set of Fox Performance Series and installed them with my lift. So I have no use for the RockSport shocks. It wuld be interesting to hear if anyone feels that they are better/worse than the Fox shocks I have installed now. I know that the Fox shocks ride very well and control 37" well both on and off road. I've yet to meet anyone with the Metal Cloak shocks to get a face to face opinion.
We should do a little bargaining
Old 05-31-2016, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Chuck,

I need a set of drive shafts and yokes (not stock) and a chromoly drag link.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
Chuck, I need a set of drive shafts and yokes (not stock) and a chromoly drag link.
I have an Adams rear that i could probably trade if that would work for you!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

I have a set, have had them for a few months now. I dont have much to compare them to though. I was told when I ordered them that they were very similar to the OME shocks that Metalcloak sells. FWIW they surprised me for their price point on how well they ride. We just took a 7 hour road trip to outer banks this weekend and loaded up they actually rode a little smoother than normal. I dont have a really heavy jeep to begin with but I like them on the day to day ride. I guess time will tell how they really hold up though since I have only had them on since the end of Feb.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I have an Adams rear that i could probably trade if that would work for you!
Yes, if you want the voucher in trade, I would be interested. I need both shafts, so that would get me half way there. Do you have the yoke(s) required to use it as well?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Rocksport Shocks