Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poison spyder rear bumper HELP !!!

Old 10-19-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison spyder rear bumper HELP !!!

So I'm installing a poison spyder rear bumper with carrier gen 1 ... & need some help from the knowledgeable ! Bumper itself went on gravy ! The carrier on the other hand is making me want to shoot this poisonous spyder ! Or myself !

The tire is supposed to suck into the bars of the carrier ... I'm maxed out & all the way back ...

My issue .... What am I not seeing ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1354630929.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	580548   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2320289683.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	580549  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Top angle

Name:	image-660186847.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	580551  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that it matters, but I think those brackets are upside down. What backspacing and wheel/tire size are you running.

I had that issue with a different carrier because I run a 3.5" backspace wheel. So I cut down the bracket. However, I installed the poison Spyder bumper for someone and they were running my same wheels and we didn't have that problem. So, something must not be installed correctly. Do you have a wheel spacer on there too?
Old 10-19-2014, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Not that it matters, but I think those brackets are upside down. What backspacing and wheel/tire size are you running. I had that issue with a different carrier because I run a 3.5" backspace wheel. So I cut down the bracket. However, I installed the poison Spyder bumper for someone and they were running my same wheels and we didn't have that problem. So, something must not be installed correctly. Do you have a wheel spacer on there too?
The lift is awesome by the way ^ lol

I'll flip the bracket first off

The wheel back spacing is 4.5 I do believe
Old 10-19-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The tramp stamp is definitely upside down. It will hold water the way it is. I have a 35x12.5 with 4.5" backspacing on mine and it's just fine. Have you tried mounting the wheel? I'm guessing you have the bracket too far in. I measured it like the instructions said and it didn't sit tight. I ended up leaving the sliding bracket bolts a little loose and then mounting the wheel. Once the wheel was pushed tight I then tightened the bracket bolts. I can take pics if necessary.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
The tramp stamp is definitely upside down. It will hold water the way it is. I have a 35x12.5 with 4.5" backspacing on mine and it's just fine. Have you tried mounting the wheel? I'm guessing you have the bracket too far in. I measured it like the instructions said and it didn't sit tight. I ended up leaving the sliding bracket bolts a little loose and then mounting the wheel. Once the wheel was pushed tight I then tightened the bracket bolts. I can take pics if necessary.
I have the sliding bracket at the very bottom ,
It's pushed completely back ? If I were to have them loose ... Only option would be away from the carrier bars ... I believe or maybe I'm confused
Old 10-19-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackDANJK22
So I'm installing a poison spyder rear bumper with carrier gen 1 ... & need some help from the knowledgeable ! Bumper itself went on gravy ! The carrier on the other hand is making me want to shoot this poisonous spyder ! Or myself ! The tire is supposed to suck into the bars of the carrier ... I'm maxed out & all the way back ... My issue .... What am I not seeing ?
I have 17"x9" wheels with 35 Nitto trail Grapplers on my PS and doing fine. Pull the mounting brackets out a bit until you like the depth. My tramp stamp is upside down and as the previous poster said, it will hold water. I just ain't got off my ass to flip it!

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 10-19-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I have 17"x9" wheels with 35 Nitto trail Grapplers on my PS and doing fine. Pull the mounting brackets out a bit until you like the depth. My tramp stamp is upside down and as the previous poster said, it will hold water. I just ain't got off my ass to flip it! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
I have flipped the bracket & it is now facing down

But as you can see in the picture ... Me loosening the bracket & sliding out .. Pushes the tire away ...

Slid until I can't slide no mo ! I still can't reach the carrier bars

Name:	image-1187885967.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	580584   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2281271825.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	580585  
Old 10-19-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just make the slots longer?
Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YETI-09
Just make the slots longer?
The plates bottom out on each other at each end ... & doesn't look like much material would be left ...

Quick Reply: Poison spyder rear bumper HELP !!!