Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TF 1.5" Spring Level + RE .75" Rear Coil Spacer

Old 07-07-2015, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TF 1.5" Spring Level + RE .75" Rear Coil Spacer

I have a new set of 33" BFG AT KO2 sitting in the garage while I wait for my wheels to be delivered. I don't like the look of 33's on stock height, nor do I like the look of 33's with 2.5" (3-3.5"net) lift. So my answer seems to be to go with a 1.5" coil lift.
I found the TeraFlex 1.5" spring lift would give me the height I'm looking for, but it will remove the rake. So, I'd also like to add a .75" puck to the rear coil to maintain close to factory rake. When all this is complete I will end up with 2" lift in the front and 1.75" lift in the rear.

I'm new to the jk world, but used to wheel tj's back in the day. What are your thoughts on my proposed setup? Are there any critical errors I'm missing?

BTW: My JK is a 2dr.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may find the 1.5" coils to be a bit stiff if you aren't armored. Otherwise, the set-up sounds good to me. I ran the Teraflex 1.5 coils for a while and they withstood everything I threw at them. I came out a little more than level, but have factory front bumper and no winch.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Emptied Each Pocket
You may find the 1.5" coils to be a bit stiff if you aren't armored. Otherwise, the set-up sounds good to me. I ran the Teraflex 1.5 coils for a while and they withstood everything I threw at them. I came out a little more than level, but have factory front bumper and no winch.
Thanks for the insight. I'm also running factory bumpers and no winch. I'm hoping the .75" rear puck will keep me from being nose high.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem. I'm pretty sure you'll sit very close to level with that set up.

Quick Reply: TF 1.5" Spring Level + RE .75" Rear Coil Spacer