Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on the new Rough Country 3.5 lift.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the new Rough Country 3.5 lift.

I read and looked at the video on the New Rough Country 3.5 Lift on the home page of Project JK. I was set to put the 3" OME Long Travel kit on at a ticket of $1500. Does this lift seem to good to be true for $500. bucks. I have heard good and bad about the Rough Country lifts. I know no one has it installed yet, but what do you think??????

Last edited by HornetJK; 08-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default new lift

i just installed the 4" so no info on the 3.5" here but some insight. i bought the 4" for $500 and am going for the kind of overland look. if this was out around 4 weeks ago i would have snatched that up. 3.5" is the perfect hight to me and that comes with more for the same price as my 4". i really wish things would have worked out so i could have gotten the 3.5" but its too late now. everything happens for a reason i guess .
so my advice, get it it looks great and for that price...mmm
Old 08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are currently several threads about this lift. Browse back a day or two, or do a quick search.

But, it all depends on your budget, your expectations, and how you will use it. The lack of any adjustability is definitely a drawback.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you really cant compare the OME LT Kit to any $500 lift kit. The OME LT kit comes pretty Darn complete and everything is adjustable.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me .

David
Old 08-08-2010, 09:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do it right and go with the better product first. Getting a solid base is where you start from, and when lifting your jeep, that's the base that you build onto and around. Spend the $ now so it rides great on road, has great travel, and good off road performance. My Rough Country budget boost was worth every bit of $140, but it rides like $140. Gets me the clearance, but reminds me with every bump in the road.
changing that soon with a new coil lift of a different brand
Old 08-08-2010, 10:03 PM
JK Junkie

Long Travel Kit? Aren't those for those desert prerunning trucks that go in the desert 70 mph plus? I've have also heard good and bad about rough country lifts.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html

It might be true that you can't compare this kit to a $1500. But, if you are in the $500 range, I don't believe anything compares. We designed this kit from the ground up for ride quality & handling & giving the consumer the best kit possible for $499.

This kit is the first with our new N2.0 shocks and includes 2 front lower arms with OEM style rubber bushings.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default More Specific??

I had a 2.5+1.25BL from rough country on my TJ and couldn't have been happier with it so for my JK, I'm giving RC the look.

First, for you folks who think the RC 3.5 Lift is not a good idea, why do you think it is not a good product? It seems to me that if the control arms and track bars in th ekit were made for the lift specified in the kit, adjustments are less necessary. The geometry just works. I understand that adjustments allow you to fine tune but are you giving up that much? I assume you can always upgrade to new control arms later.

What else do you feel is missing from the kit? I'm just looking for more specifics?

My specifics are this. I have an 07 Rubicon Unlimited that I bought about a month ago. I am VERY impressed with this rig and I do go off roading with it quite a bit. The only think really lacking on this rig is some extra ground clearance for the rock gardens I seem to be attracted to.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rcjeep
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html

It might be true that you can't compare this kit to a $1500. But, if you are in the $500 range, I don't believe anything compares. We designed this kit from the ground up for ride quality & handling & giving the consumer the best kit possible for $499.

This kit is the first with our new N2.0 shocks and includes 2 front lower arms with OEM style rubber bushings.
RC Jeep,

Couple of questions. Can you be more specific on the N2.0 shocks. Where do they fit in your lineup of shocks. The 2.2s were your best before. Why are the N2.0s better. Are they only better on road or do they do a great job off road?

Can you show some flex shots with this kit installed?

Are you giving any initial customer incentives. Perhaps free shipping?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ordered

I ordered this lift yesterday. I know there are haters out there but I have to go with my gut. I've ordered from RC before (lift for my TJ) and they shipped the order fast. The lift went on without incident (aside from some 12 year old bolts not wanting to come off). The It worked great and flexed like there was no tomorrow for a small 2.5 lift.

Yesterday I started an online chat session with RC and he answered all my questions about this lift. He even sent me a picture of his own Jeep with this lift. He didn't give permission (I didn't ask) to post it so I wont. When I called up to order the kit, he answered the phone and couldn't have been more helpful. I should have the lift by Friday and have it installed this weekend.

Is it the OME lift? Probably not but I also have an extra grand back in my pocket for now. When it comes time, I can easily upgrade to adjustable control arms and sway bars. Right now, I'm looking for something to get some more room between my JK and the rocks.

I guess its important to note that there is still something to be said for GREAT customer service.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new Rough Country 3.5 lift.