Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird warning light behavior

Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkmadness

Clock spring....?
Clock spring is the wiring harness in the steering wheel has to do with steering angle sensor if it thinks your wheels are one way and the streeing wheel is the other way it controls you abs along with air bags and horn steering wheel controls....thats why the dash lights up when it has issues!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECE00jk
Clock spring is the wiring harness in the steering wheel has to do with steering angle sensor if it thinks your wheels are one way and the streeing wheel is the other way it controls you abs along with air bags and horn steering wheel controls....thats why the dash lights up when it has issues!
It happened again today,I hope the dealer doesn't look at me crosseye when i tell them this is what i think it is,there's a lot of people out there with this problem they should recall it
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default Weird warning light behavior

Dude! Same thing, '12 Rubicon, same indications at varying speeds. It's at the dealer now. I'm forwarding this thread (and the video!).

Last edited by Boilermaker52; 05-23-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

I had this happen to my '07. It turned out to be the chassis ground wire in the engine compartment was loose. I tightened it down and the issue hasn't returned.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcseanny
I had this happen to my '07. It turned out to be the chassis ground wire in the engine compartment was loose. I tightened it down and the issue hasn't returned.
Where exactly because there's a lot of ground conections on the fenders all around and one on the engine block
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boilermaker52
Dude! Same thing, '12 Rubicon, same indications at varying speeds. It's at the dealer now. I'm forwarding this thread (and the video!).
Please let me know how you made out
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still a problem for me... going for oil change on Saturday so I'll have them look at it again.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

subscribed
Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer claims to have solved it. Says the motor for the swaybar is receiving an incorrect (zero) speed input from the transmission, causing the warning. They're getting a new one shipped in and installed tomorrow (swaybar motor). I'll get more specifics when I get it back and will post an update.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boilermaker52
Dealer claims to have solved it. Says the motor for the swaybar is receiving an incorrect (zero) speed input from the transmission, causing the warning. They're getting a new one shipped in and installed tomorrow (swaybar motor). I'll get more specifics when I get it back and will post an update.
I hate to be the bubble buster but. I have a sport they don't have electric sway bar discos, i would point that out to the dealer since we have the same problem

Quick Reply: Weird warning light behavior