Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diesel JK!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I read very recently that Ram is the only 1/2 ton pick-up available with a manual. It was in a news article about manuals, not just a random post. Now you've just read it in a random post. ;-) But I agree it would break my heart to give up a manual just for a diesel.
If it comes in manual, I'll give it a chance. And that's completely true. A family friend of mine has owned fords his entire life and recently bought a ram 1500 because it comes with a manual trans. I still drive autos from time to time but my left foot feels weird and having nowhere to put my right hand drives me crazy haha
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK505
If it comes in manual, I'll give it a chance. And that's completely true. A family friend of mine has owned fords his entire life and recently bought a ram 1500 because it comes with a manual trans. I still drive autos from time to time but my left foot feels weird and having nowhere to put my right hand drives me crazy haha
Ya Manuel would be awesome and diesels are so tunable now a days that you could really push more torque out of the 3.0 with tuners and exhaust.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went to the Ram website and to build a diesel Ram - it only allowed the 8-speed auto.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is already plenty of Diesel JK's on planet earth.. Just not here because we as a people and culture are too close minded to allow them into the states...

Auto Trans or not count me in for 420ftlb and 28mpg if they don't completely butcher the rest of the jeep..
Old 11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A diesel would be a tough sale right now with gas having dropped to $2.53 in our area and diesel still almost a $1 more a gallon here. Any kind of markup fee would be a killer for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-26-18-56-14.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	585790Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-26-18-56-19.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	585791
Old 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
A diesel would be a tough sale right now with gas having dropped to $2.53 in our area and diesel still almost a $1 more a gallon here. Any kind of markup fee would be a killer for me.

Attachment 585790Attachment 585791
I need that app! And for those of us who have never bought a new car/jeep, can someone explain a markup fee?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I need that app! And for those of us who have never bought a new car/jeep, can someone explain a markup fee?
Sounds like it could be an "Option" and that it may run an additional $5k, and then the dealers probably won't do any discounts on them so expect to pay near full price.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Sounds like it could be an "Option" and that it may run an additional $5k, and then the dealers probably won't do any discounts on them so expect to pay near full price.
Gas is sounding pretty good with a price tag anywhere near that. I'm already trying to figure out how to get my hands on a rubicon the next time around. But a diesel would be pretty nice.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Gas is sounding pretty good with a price tag anywhere near that. I'm already trying to figure out how to get my hands on a rubicon the next time around. But a diesel would be pretty nice.
I live at altitude, I would just be happy with a Turbo Pentastar V6.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by swanny2369
There is already plenty of Diesel JK's on planet earth.. Just not here because we as a people and culture are too close minded to allow them into the states...

Auto Trans or not count me in for 420ftlb and 28mpg if they don't completely butcher the rest of the jeep..
Close but no cigar....California emissions laws.
JK diesels everywhere except Canada / USA / Mexico.
Cali - could you please ride bicycles so the rest of us can drive a diesel.....mountains and pollution dissipation is the problem there. Surprise Surprise Sergeant Carter (google that kids)...Europe is mountainous and diesel is king.
Gas pumps in the rest of the world are as rare as diesel here.
Cali people jumped on a bandwagon that ended up screwing the entire western hemisphere with anti diesel propaganda.
Starter course in air pollution-what is worse: -cut down trees in clear cut operations (trees clean air)
-Use fireworks As much as possible (oo ee sulfur dioxide)
-Burn your leaves on the lawn (no acid rain here yhuck)
-use diesel like the rest of the world.

Quick Reply: Diesel JK!