Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diesel JK!

Old 12-04-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks rvator!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a diesel to electric initiative. Fly a few directions across France and see how they got fished into building more wind turbines than the people can handle looking at.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They've been saying it will get a diesel for years. I'll believe it when I see it. This news is not anywhere else online that's not a few years old and out of date.
Exactly.

"Diesel JK to hit the US next year" has been leaked, rumored talked about and beaten to death since 2008.

And in world news....This just in,

The US doesn't really give a rats ass what France does. Just like Greece they're broke and can't afford to buy Jeeps anyway.

Back to you Phil...
Old 12-14-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LOST
Exactly. "Diesel JK to hit the US next year" has been leaked, rumored talked about and beaten to death since 2008. And in world news....This just in, The US doesn't really give a rats ass what France does. Just like Greece they're broke and can't afford to buy Jeeps anyway. Back to you Phil...
Well said! And before the JK talk there was TJ talk and before that YJ talk.... I've always wanted a small diesel in a Wrangler. I also want a manual transmission with it though and from the looks of things might only happen if I do my own engine swap. Perhaps in a few years :-)
Old 12-14-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by InfoJunkie
Well said! And before the JK talk there was TJ talk and before that YJ talk.... I've always wanted a small diesel in a Wrangler. I also want a manual transmission with it though and from the looks of things might only happen if I do my own engine swap. Perhaps in a few years :-)
True enough although this rumor has a little more bite to it. If there is any truth to it then we should start hearing more in the coming months. Even my dealership says it's happening but who knows where he gets his information from. I am in no rush to get a new jeep so if it happens then great but if not I am happy to stay with what I have.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I live at altitude, I would just be happy with a Turbo Pentastar V6.
People do not understand the what high altitude does to horse power .Give me a turbo
Old 12-14-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive a turbo diesel J8 at work with an auto and I like it . I would love to have the diesel in my JK but I will settle for a turbo gasser
Old 12-22-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep will likely add some enticer to the 2016 to attract buyers who would otherwise wait for the next generation Wrangler the following year. I would expect to see the 8spd auto as an option with the gas motor too.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I was to get one I would rather have the jk diesel. Not only am I pretty sure they are going to woosify the next generation, but the 2016 will be the only year they make the jk in a diesel, making them more "collectable" or desirable. Kinda like the LJ rubicon. Only made them for 2 years. Would love to have one
Old 12-25-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Like I've said before, knowing the way jeep/ram does things it'll be only available on some special model. It'll be a koh rocky Mountain tow feast edition Rubicon that we will finally get some d60s on but with an $90k price tag and then they will not sell and jeep will say I guess ppl don't really want a diesel
Hilarious, but sadly true. With "loaded" rubicons already pushing $50k here in Alberta, a diesel will be closely gaining up on the ridiculous markups seen on jk8s here (one dealer was selling a jk8 for $68k).

Quick Reply: Diesel JK!