Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nextreme

Default How much does the Unlimited hard top weigh?

Yes, I did search this and another forum and have not found an answer. Does anyone know how much the Unlimited hard top weighs? I bought some of those ladder hooks to hang it on the wall and they are rated at 50 lbs each and I want to make sure they can hold it. They were the heaviest duty I could find.

Thanks

Well, that other jeep forum said that a TJ hardtop weighs around 150lbs, so that's about the same size as the back portion of the freedom top on an unlimited. Then, I'm guessing the two front pannles weigh about 20lbs each. All together, It's probably close to 200lbs, give or take 10.

Quote Originally Posted by nextreme View Post
    Yes, I did search this and another forum and have not found an answer. Does anyone know how much the Unlimited hard top weighs? I bought some of those ladder hooks to hang it on the wall and they are rated at 50 lbs each and I want to make sure they can hold it. They were the heaviest duty I could find.

Thanks
    I did this search before I built my freedom top hoist and I remember finding that the top weights 95lbs. (without the 2 front panels)
    2013 Unlimited Rubicon - Billet Silver
    2.5" Teraflex coil lift | 35" BFG AT | AEV Argent Pintler wheels

SOLD - '07 Unlimited Rubicon - 2.5" Teraflex coil lift | 35" BFG KM2's on AEV Argent Pintlers

Quote Originally Posted by HG97TJ View Post
    I did this search before I built my freedom top hoist and I remember finding that the top weights 95lbs. (without the 2 front panels)
    Oooops.... Guess I'm a terrible guestimator.

nextreme

Quote Originally Posted by HG97TJ View Post
    Well that sounds about right. I am going to place my freedom top panels somewhere else so I don't have to worry about their weight.

Thanks guys

JK Enthusiast

Could you please explain how you intend to use the ladder hooks. So far on this forum I have seen storage carts and various ceiling storage support systems but not a wall mount. I was considering devising some sort of wall mount system because there are lights in the way on the ceiling.

nextreme

Quote Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker View Post
    Could you please explain how you intend to use the ladder hooks. So far on this forum I have seen storage carts and various ceiling storage support systems but not a wall mount. I was considering devising some sort of wall mount system because there are lights in the way on the ceiling.
    http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5645

I know it's nowhere close to 200 lb. If I was estimating, I'd say it weighs about 80-90 lb. I lifted it by myself into position (see thread above), and had my daughter put the 2x4's on the hooks, then I lowered it down. It's not really that heavy, it's just bulky.
    STOCK EQUIP: 07 Rubicon Unlimited, Red Rock/Gray, Factory options = Auto, Dual Tops, Deep Tint, Power, 6-disc, Sirius, Tow, Locking Fuel Cap, Block Heater, Mats.
    MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

JK Enthusiast

Thanks, for posting your idea. I've been trying to figure out how to store my hardtop for the summer without taking up too much room. I've got little one running around so it needs to be secure and out of the way. I'm not too keen on keeping it suspended all summer, this is a great (and cheaper) alternatice. THANKS!
    '07 JK Unlimited Sahara
    '80 CJ7 4" Lift, Injected 258, Dana 44 Front and Back SOLD!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
    I know it's nowhere close to 200 lb. If I was estimating, I'd say it weighs about 80-90 lb. I lifted it by myself into position (see thread above), and had my daughter put the 2x4's on the hooks, then I lowered it down. It's not really that heavy, it's just bulky.
    I only estimated that becasue I've never had a hardtop, and on the other forum he's talking about, some guy said his TJ's hardtop was 140lbs. I just figured since there is more hardtop on an unlimited JK than a TJ, it would weigh more.

Huh, huh..........my bad.

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast