Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suspension loud over bumps

Old 05-27-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default grease might be good for all that ,but i highly doubt

that's the problem of being loud over bumps it may make the parts flex better but loud??

so its not shocks then . this crap drives me nuts too , im constantly trying to track down why it rides like crap a brand new jeep

not saying any one is wrong , just seems that grease wouldn't cause a harsh noisey suspension

some of mine im sure is e rated tires and stock parts for suspension and front end parts
can you define your loud over bumps better ? is it a thud or just squeaky or harshness feeling every crack in road like mine does ?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 09-13-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm starting to think some of the thuds I've been hearing may be due to me not have the bolts holding the doors in. And the fact I squirted some lithium grease in there makes it more likely as they move a lot more freely. Well, that's embarrassing. Long term test underway...
Old 09-08-2014, 03:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
I'm starting to think some of the thuds I've been hearing may be due to me not have the bolts holding the doors in. And the fact I squirted some lithium grease in there makes it more likely as they move a lot more freely. Well, that's embarrassing. Long term test underway...
There shouldn't be any play there. Do you have the sleeves in the hinges and are they in good shape? If so, you might do a little research on door latch clunk--that may be your problem.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

This may be useful ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-frame-132273/
Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Thanks mark, yeah I am familiar with door latch clunk. Solved that with some electrical tape, actually just replaced it it was falling off. Well, whatever it is, door latch or otherwise. Having the nuts on seems to be making a difference. There is no problem with the sleeves...
Old 09-08-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Thanks mark, yeah I am familiar with door latch clunk. Solved that with some electrical tape, actually just replaced it it was falling off. Well, whatever it is, door latch or otherwise. Having the nuts on seems to be making a difference. There is no problem with the sleeves...
Interesting. You have a 2013, so it shouldn't be a worn out door gasket. The doors, when closed, are pretty much air tight. That's why they are difficult to close with the hard top. There shouldn't be any room for them to move, nuts or not. I wonder if Jeep did some redesign to make it easier to close the doors?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Perhaps it was actually the electrical tape on the door latch catch that did it and not the nuts. Either way. The nuts and tape are staying in place. And you are right, I can't see how there would be any up and down play to cause a thud... But it's def quieter over bumps... Later I will drive to a really rough section of road (hope they haven't fixed it yet) where I had a very loud thud and see if I can recreate it.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Perhaps it was actually the electrical tape on the door latch catch that did it and not the nuts. Either way. The nuts and tape are staying in place. And you are right, I can't see how there would be any up and down play to cause a thud... But it's def quieter over bumps... Later I will drive to a really rough section of road (hope they haven't fixed it yet) where I had a very loud thud and see if I can recreate it.
As long as it's fixed and you're happy, that's great.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
As long as it's fixed and you're happy, that's great.
For the first time in a long time I am content. Hope it stays this way lol
Old 11-28-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Whhhhhyyy!?

This clip doesn't do the sound justice...

http://youtu.be/sDYCtidmo_M It's driving me nuts... Any ideas?

Suspension stock except for bilstein 4600's

Quick Reply: Suspension loud over bumps