Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Throwout Bearing just replaced 2 weeks ago

Old 11-10-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Throwout Bearing just replaced 2 weeks ago

Looking for some advice...I just replaced my throwout bearing, pilot bearing, clutch and flywheel 2 weeks ago due to the throwout bearing failing. I didn't take it offroading and the same sound I had originally on the throwout bearing before it finally went, is already back. I went with the Certerforce throwout hoping for it to be better than the OEM. With all the threads online I see contradicting answers on the throwout bearing noise. With my 09 Jeep Rubi the noise goes away when I press the clutch pedal down. Now I am concerned it's something else since it's only been 2 weeks since these parts were replaced. Any ideas? I read in on post that they had to replace the input shaft which is very costly. Could it really be the throwout bearing again???
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WimpsterT
Looking for some advice...I just replaced my throwout bearing, pilot bearing, clutch and flywheel 2 weeks ago due to the throwout bearing failing. I didn't take it offroading and the same sound I had originally on the throwout bearing before it finally went, is already back. I went with the Certerforce throwout hoping for it to be better than the OEM. With all the threads online I see contradicting answers on the throwout bearing noise. With my 09 Jeep Rubi the noise goes away when I press the clutch pedal down. Now I am concerned it's something else since it's only been 2 weeks since these parts were replaced. Any ideas? I read in on post that they had to replace the input shaft which is very costly. Could it really be the throwout bearing again???
Next time you get the chance; start your jeep, go neutral foot off clutch listen for the noise; now without touching the clutch ease the shifter just out of neutral into the 4th gear slot but not past the detent and into gear. Now listen. Any difference?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Next time you get the chance; start your jeep, go neutral foot off clutch listen for the noise; now without touching the clutch ease the shifter just out of neutral into the 4th gear slot but not past the detent and into gear. Now listen. Any difference?
Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try and let ya know....
Old 11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default what your hearing is roll over noise

if the noise goes away when pedal is pressed . mine does this too , some make noise in neutral like something rubbing as it spinning freely . look up ( roll over noise ) youl find some will make this noise due to poor tolerances I guess . however dosent hurt anything . Looks like you wasted your money replacing it all . sorry bu least you upgrade all the parts from oem

Last edited by jeepmojo; 11-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try and let ya know....
If when you pull it straight back from neutral to that spot in fourth gear before it's actually in gear and the noise goes away then it's not your throw-out bearing; it's gear movement. My 15' doesn't have 3k miles on it and it makes noise like a bad throw-out. I drained the factory fluid and replaced it with Amsoil and it helped but once it's good and warm you can hear it again.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

If when you pull it straight back from neutral to that spot in fourth gear before it's actually in gear and the noise goes away then it's not your throw-out bearing; it's gear movement. My 15' doesn't have 3k miles on it and it makes noise like a bad throw-out. I drained the factory fluid and replaced it with Amsoil and it helped but once it's good and warm you can hear it again.
I gave it a try and it didn't make a difference. I also noticed it wasn't making the noise when i left the office but it was by the time i got home....
Old 11-10-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gave it a try and it didn't make a difference. I also noticed it wasn't making the noise when i left the office but it was by the time i got home....
Sounds like it's temp/viscosity related which makes me think it's something other than the throw-out bearing. Keep us in the loop for sure if you get it figured out.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like it's temp/viscosity related which makes me think it's something other than the throw-out bearing. Keep us in the loop for sure if you get it figured out.
Will do....hopefully I'll get it figured out before something breaks really bad! Oh and thanks!

Last edited by WimpsterT; 11-11-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCkk-hgNI2E This is exactly what it sounds like...so I guess I'm gonna throw a national bearing in it and give it a try since this ceterforce one is evidently crap.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default what part dont you get ???

ROLL OVER NOISE

Quick Reply: Throwout Bearing just replaced 2 weeks ago