Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Little Passengers 3rd row seat

Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Little Passengers 3rd row seat

I ordered a deluxe 3rd row seat from Little Passengers about 6 weeks ago, and it arrived today. I'm really happy with their customer service and the quality of the seat.

The only minor complaint I have is that 2 bolts were missing, and they should have included about half a dozen more washers. But I'm only 3 minutes away from Home Depot, so no big deal.

The seat sits pretty close to the tailgate--like 8". So this seat is DEFINITELY for little passengers--probably no more than 12-14 years old. (My kids are tall, so 12 is probably the limit.)

A couple of my little passengers--VERY EXCITED!!

Here you can kind of see where the passengers' heads are relative to the roll bar. I feel pretty confident that, with the seat facing to the rear, the roll bar will provide full protection in case of a roll-over.

The 2nd- and 3rd-row seats are very close together--probably less than 1/2". But they don't rub.

In this shot you can see how close the tailgate is. But my 9 year-old said, "Hey, there's plenty of room!"
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Looks nice! Now that I have 3 kids, I could see this as a future mod.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, thats cool!!! now just mount a dvd player in you're spare tire and the kids have it made!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dex1
Wow, thats cool!!! now just mount a dvd player in you're spare tire and the kids have it made!!!!!!
haha i like it

thats cool, but i want to see pictures of you sitting back there
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How's this seat holding up?

Did you have to remove the sub woofer?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what happens in case of an accident?
i mean yeah the seat looks good and all, but for safety pre cautions i don't know about throwing another seat in the back. there was a JK who got rear ended by a dodge ram and smashed the hell out of the back of the small stock JK. for looks and how useful it will be for you, but for safety just my two cents, if this seat is rated for crashes and such, i apologize for my assumption but idk much about these add on seats
Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Thats awsome perfect for the trails, street use I wouldnt try
Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
what happens in case of an accident?
i mean yeah the seat looks good and all, but for safety pre cautions i don't know about throwing another seat in the back. there was a JK who got rear ended by a dodge ram and smashed the hell out of the back of the small stock JK. for looks and how useful it will be for you, but for safety just my two cents, if this seat is rated for crashes and such, i apologize for my assumption but idk much about these add on seats
The kids are probably safer in the rear of a lifted JK than in the rear facing seats of the tens of thousands of Volvo 850 wagons still driving around.

Accidents are never good for the smaller of the vehicles. This is why those driving bigger trucks (and lifted JKs) have to be even more conscious while driving on the road. Hopefully, most RAM drivers would avoid driving too close to the lifted JK or see the big yellow jeep in time to stop.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

dude, very nice! wish we had had that when i was little!

we used to have an 80's caprice waggon with the rear facing 3rd row seat ... damn i used to get ill back there in the mt's. for 3rd row seating in a lifted 4x4 ... nothing beats the '97 burb for saftey. but the cool factor is just NOT there.

Quick Reply: My Little Passengers 3rd row seat