Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Little Passengers 3rd row seat

Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troysterr, If you could post some pics of the mount points I'd really appreciate it. More for curiousity's sake... I don't plan on needing one of these for a few years at the least. Very cool I must say though
Old 07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mrhumpty
Troysterr, If you could post some pics of the mount points I'd really appreciate it. More for curiousity's sake... I don't plan on needing one of these for a few years at the least. Very cool I must say though

Here's another write up, I used this one to help me with my install. Can't say for sure they are exactly the same, but they are similar.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/third-row-seat-install-little-seats-47784/

The mounting bracket, weighs a ton.

Another one, lots of safety talk in this one, note Clacky's posts and comparisons. There is a post (multiple) using a pic of a van sandwiched between a semi, damage is bad, in a crash light that, 3rd row, or 2nd row is in trouble in most cars out there.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=38819&page=2

Here's another one, this person went through a lot of research, helped in my decision.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...144#post271144
Specifically this post
Originally Posted by FzyPchz
I'm not an automotive engineer, but when I did a collision repair research on the JK, I found out that there are four strengths of steel used in the frame, from the 30,000 psi minimum yield strength mild steel for the crushable front rail tips (the "frontal crush zone") to 80,000 psi minimum yield strength in the roll-formed center section. High-strength steel internal reinforcements in selected areas in the frame are all 50,000 psi minimum yield strength. As you can see from the figure below, the rear of the JK is made out of 50,000 psi minimum yield strength much stronger than the frontal crush zones.

Ultimately, yes, it's not the safest place, but there is always an inherent risk in driving. An accident can happen at any time (frontal, side or rear). One never knows. And each person who decides to modify their JK in any manner (may it be a lift, a third row seat, or larger tires, etc.) does so for its benefits, not for its risks.

I'm happy w/ my jump seat as it serves the purpose I got it for.

Last edited by db09JKU; 07-17-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic of mine with the mounting plate in it.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
How's this seat holding up?

Did you have to remove the sub woofer?
It's holding up great. Yes, you have to remove the subwoofer, but I can't tell the difference. Bass still sounds great.

Quick Reply: My Little Passengers 3rd row seat