Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

PRESS RELEASE: Bestop JK Locking Under Seat Storage Box

Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up PRESS RELEASE: Bestop JK Locking Under Seat Storage Box

Bestop’s new Locking Under Seat Storage Box for JK is now available! The Storage Box securely locks up valuables, and mounts out-of-sight conveniently beneath the driver’s seat. Heavy-duty 16 gauge carbon steel, welded construction deters would-be thieves, and offers up to 205 cubic inches of storage space in a sliding drawer, secured with a pick-resistant lock. Heavy duty, plated Slides assure dependable, durable operation. The Storage Box is finished in textured black powder coat. This is a must- have product for every 2007 through 2010 Jeep JK Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited owner.

Providing critical protection against theft, the Storage Box comes with two keys for the high-tech, pick-resistant rugged stainless steel lock. Does not interfere with Driver’s seat adjustment and attaches underneath driver’s seat using factory seat riser bolts. Measures 17”long x 7 ½” wide x 3 ¾” high and is currently available for JK Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited, 2007-2010.

Please visit www.Bestop.com more information or to find out where to buy in your area.

Last edited by Robar; 03-18-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks interesting
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like a good idea! I couldn't find it on their website, though
Old 03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't mind something like that at all. My wife's minivan has a under seat storage under the passenger seat and that thing is handy. FYI- sorry to say the "M" word in a jeep forum
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

I didn't find it on their site either, but I did find the instructions. Pretty simple.

http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/42640.pdf
Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
I like it , I assume it works on both driver and passenger side.
Nope. The passenger seat has some electronic crap under the seat that the driver's side does not have.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Pretty cool. Wonder how much?? Didn't see it on the site.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I like it! Was getting ready to buy one of the Magill's gunsafes that go under the seat. But I think I like this idea better. Now to just find some torx head bolts to hold the seat down!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stelter
I like it! Was getting ready to buy one of the Magill's gunsafes that go under the seat. But I think I like this idea better. Now to just find some torx head bolts to hold the seat down!!
Didn't even think, that if someone wanted what is inside the box, they could just remove the two bolts holding it in. Granted usually thieves only have a few minutes and wouldn't take the time to remove the bolts....but you never know? The TORX head is a good idea though! It would at least add some time to the removal if they even had the torx by some miracle.

I like this box though...wish I knew the cost....
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you worried about the bolts, you could always tack weld a little spot on top of the bolt to prevent it from spinning without a grinder.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Bestop JK Locking Under Seat Storage Box