Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

VIDEO: Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit "Constrained" System Explanation

Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow VIDEO: Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit "Constrained" System Explanation

By request, I am posting the complete interview that I did with Scott Becker of Rubicon Express at the 2007 SEMA show in Las Vegas, Nevada. In this video, Scott gives a detailed overview of their front and rear radius arm long arm kit and attempts to sell the idea of why they would purposefully design their kit to be "constrained" or have limited flex (by comparison to a 4-link setup) and why it is something that you would want. Click on the screen or link below to see the video interview:

Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit Interview at SEMA

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-02-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, vid quality was low, hard to see any details, maybe someone on here is already using this kit and can vouch for it's performance .
Like the part about keeping the vehicle together in one piece offroading, that's always a good thing.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't necessarily say it has NO flex. But it certainly is limited.

Their reasoning behind WHY might be kinda weak. Still a little surprised though coming from a big name like RE.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Interesting, vid quality was low, hard to see any details, maybe someone on here is already using this kit and can vouch for it's performance .
Like the part about keeping the vehicle together in one piece offroading, that's always a good thing.
click watch high quality. Youtube makes you do that now.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

try clicking on the high quality version as you might get a little more detail from it. but, i do have to say that seeing things on it isn't as interesting to me as hearing what is being said. as far as keeping the vehicle together goes, i'm sorry but i'm not even sure what he means by it. however, i can tell you that there is a reason why so many of us want to disconnect our swaybars or get an aftermarket one that is softer tortion rate like currie makes. certainly, by disconnecting, you can achieve greater flex and keeping all four on the floor as long as you can will give you more stabilty and traction on the trail. of course, the lack of it of due to limited flex can be a real problem.

Originally Posted by Major Ho
I wouldn't necessarily say it has NO flex. But it certainly is limited.

Their reasoning behind WHY might be kinda weak. Still a little surprised though coming from a big name like RE.
my apologise. i have since reworded what i said to better reflect things more accurately.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

deleted comment

Last edited by Hellbilly; 08-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
as far as keeping the vehicle together goes, i'm sorry but i'm not even sure what he means by it. however, i can tell you that there is a reason why so many of us want to disconnect our swaybars or get an aftermarket one that is softer tortion rate like currie makes. certainly, by disconnecting, you can achieve greater flex and keeping all four on the floor as long as you can will give you more stabilty and traction on the trail. of course, the lack of it of due to limited flex can be a real problem.
So then you're not a fan of this particular kit from them basically?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

I have the kit. Admittedly, I bought it because of the MOPAR endorsement. Haven't been wheeling yet, but I will when it cools down a little in the desert (I live near san diego). As far as the road, the ride is excellent. Corners really well and I can't get the ESP to engage!

Anybody planning any trips soon? Be more than happy to accompany them with my jeep and run it through its paces.

I'm a newbie to off-roading, so my configuration was based mostly on going with safe-bets as opposed to pushing the envelope.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

So then you're not a fan of this particular kit from them basically?
let's just say that i'm not a fan of radius arms in general and only because of it's significant limitations.

so you know, i only posted this video because someone asked for it in another discussion over in modified tech. this kit is well made kit as is all RE kits but if you're looking for flex, you won't find it with this one even though it is a long arm system. from what i have seen, their 3.5" super flex kit offers more flex than this.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-27-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by HOMEGLASS
I have the kit. Admittedly, I bought it because of the MOPAR endorsement. Haven't been wheeling yet, but I will when it cools down a little in the desert (I live near san diego). As far as the road, the ride is excellent. Corners really well and I can't get the ESP to engage!

Anybody planning any trips soon? Be more than happy to accompany them with my jeep and run it through its paces.

I'm a newbie to off-roading, so my configuration was based mostly on going with safe-bets as opposed to pushing the envelope.
on road, it drives and feels great - i know, i have riden in a jk with it on. the only point of this video is to point out that it has very limited felx and according to RE, they wanted it that way. of course, this train of though goes completely against the train of though of what jeepers are looking for. if their thinking is correct, why bother disconnecting your swaybar links?

being that your just south of me, i hope you will join us on our runs.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit "Constrained" System Explanation