Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

Order's Time

Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order's Time

So its that time again that I have a new set of orders. I have to report into Marine Wing Communication Squadron 18, Okinawa, Japan NLT June 30. Have not been to Okinawa since my tour as a LCpl 2000-2001. Anyone have any updated info on Oki? Ill be on MCAS Futenma which should be a lot nicer than Camp Hansen, which is where I was before. Any info would be great!!

The unfortunate part is all things jeep are coming to an end...FOR NOW!! Plan as of now is to sell it and start a new upon returning. Thankfully I got the call this week cause I was buying my lift and tires next week.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beach Bum,

I heard the Marines were supposed to be moving off of Okinawa and relocating to Guam. I'm AD Coast Guard and will be reporting in to Guam on June 26th.

Good luck over there! Hopefully you won't turn into the Incredible Hulk with all that nuclear radiation that's leaking.

-Slim
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oki is still Oki

The Rock is still the Rock. Guam is going to take some time due to the islands infrastucture cant support the move at this time. Not sure what the impact of the current situation on the mainland is doing to the OKI crew but im sure it cant be good.

Actionville to OKI who did you piss off.

Last edited by jnjcamp11; 03-31-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Take the jeep with you and sell it over there for big money
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Beach Bum
So its that time again that I have a new set of orders. I have to report into Marine Wing Communication Squadron 18, Okinawa, Japan NLT June 30. Have not been to Okinawa since my tour as a LCpl 2000-2001. Anyone have any updated info on Oki? Ill be on MCAS Futenma which should be a lot nicer than Camp Hansen, which is where I was before. Any info would be great!!

The unfortunate part is all things jeep are coming to an end...FOR NOW!! Plan as of now is to sell it and start a new upon returning. Thankfully I got the call this week cause I was buying my lift and tires next week.
Ive got a brother in the Marines and have great respect for you guys and others that serve this country!! I couldn't even think of having to sell my baby and you take it allot better than me but also I don't have the dedication that Marines do so thanks again for your service!!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

@ Slim - Guam is in the works. Id say 2-3 years before fully functioning. Small det's for now . Transfers of Okinawa forces will take quite sometime.

@ jnjcamp - didnt piss anyone off. The Corps needs Sgt's over there and im due for orders after just re-enlisting. Plus i had a blast on the rock last time.

@angst - wish I could man. TMO these days has so many damn restrictions.

@bigT - Thanks for the support...yeah it will be hard to part with. But i will have 2+ years to save money and create my new build. plus I will have everyone here to keep my list occupied...where is your brother stationed? Whats he do?

Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Beach Bum
@ Slim - Guam is in the works. Id say 2-3 years before up and running. Transfers of Okinawa forces will take quite sometime.

@ jnjcamp - didnt piss anyone off. The Corps needs Sgt's over there and im due for orders after just re-enlisting. Plus i had a blast on the rock last time.

@angst - wish I could man. TMO these days has so many damn restrictions.

@bigT - Thanks for the support...yeah it will be hard to part with. But i will have 2+ years to save money and create my new build. plus I will have everyone here to keep my list occupied...where is your brother stationed? Whats he do?

He is stationed in Asscrackistan as he would say, he is a sniper currently but I've heard him talk about blowing up cocain labs in columbia in the past so I really dont know specifics and he doesn't tell and we leave it at that.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigT
He is stationed in Asscrackistan as he would say, he is a sniper currently but I've heard him talk about blowing up cocain labs in columbia in the past so I really dont know specifics and he doesn't tell and we leave it at that.
LOL secret squirrel shit is alway exciting. Sucks never being able to talk about it though.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Jeep

Sorry to hear you have to get rid of your jeep. i am in japan right now due to leave in august and am selling a 2008 Wrangler X if your interested.. already has some stuff done, but lots of room for more mods.. Wouldnt take much to get it from main land to Oki... Just PM me if interested..

Adam
Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Can I ask why you are selling the Jeep???? I spent 5 years in mainland and there really was no difficulty with having the Jeeps there. Also, I spent two years picking you all up from White Beach and taking you to the far reaches of insanity, still no issue of having the Jeep. If its personal I understand but don't let the garbage that DoD puts out stopping you from brining and enjoying your Jeep while in Oki. I had some Japanese locals asking me to buy a Wrangler and sell it to them when I leave, they were willing to buy it at the cost I bought it for after I drove it for 3 years. I never did since it is not really ethical......but bringing yours and selling is perfectly Ok and many do.

Quick Reply: Order's Time