Notices

Cooper Lake Campground

Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper Lake Campground

Can anyone provide any feedback of the experience of camping at the festival? I'm more than ready to camp Fri/Sat, but getting the wife on board (instead of staying in a hotel) is tough. She is fine in a tent and such, however she's most worried about the whole shower and bathroom situation.

Does anyone have any feedback either way?

We are considering Thursday in a hotel, and Friday and Saturday camping. Friday in a hotel and Saturday camping, or just the whole weekend in the hotel (which I'm not crazy about).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rocklax
Can anyone provide any feedback of the experience of camping at the festival? I'm more than ready to camp Fri/Sat, but getting the wife on board (instead of staying in a hotel) is tough. She is fine in a tent and such, however she's most worried about the whole shower and bathroom situation.

We are considering Thursday in a hotel, and Friday and Saturday camping. Friday in a hotel and Saturday camping, or just the whole weekend in the hotel (which I'm not crazy about).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Just camp there, they have showers near the main building or in it I'm almost positive. I've been camping there since I was 6 till they shut it down (only open to events now). I just can't remember the shower situation because i live 20 min away so I just stop home if I need anything. It is a good place to camp though
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Agree with Champ!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to book our camping today or tomorrow. Are they any general recommendations on where to stay (or not to) in the area? We'd obviously like a bit of shade and will have a 15 month old with us.

We're considering Hidden Acres, Walnut Grove, Willow, or Hollow I think. However that is just based on pics.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

I'm on Woodchuck hill which is pretty much the top of the camp ground. If you want shade look into the lower part of the campground. They have spots that go back into the woods or the ones around the lake have nice tree cover. spaces are filling up fast so hopefully you get a spot
Old 02-13-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't remember where we were last year, but I regret staying in a hotel my first year! That's how impressed I am with these camp grounds!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just made reservation in walnut grove.

Last edited by Softtailfreek; 03-27-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rocklax

Thoughts?

Thanks!
You may have already made reservations, but we stay at Bear Run Campground one exit away. I have smaller children and it gives them a lot to do at the campground, its not as large and it seems a bit less hectic that whole week and there are plenty of Jeepers there too.

Quick Reply: Cooper Lake Campground