Notices
Boating & Fishing General discussion forum regarding all forms of boating including motor boats, sailboats and all things fishing including fly fishing, deep sea fishing, fishing gear and great places to fish.

CC Boats

Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC Boats

In the market for a CC boat in the 19ft-22ft range. But want it to be a good dual purpose one, not strickly fishing & that is good for freshwater and saltwater. I came across Glasstream boats out of FL. Awesome looking boats with either rake tower(Ski) or T-top. Anyone have dealing with these or recommend other options?

Last edited by sacdaddy03; 03-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Check out sportsman boats. Great boats that are a crossover b/w dual console and center console
Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Head over to the hull truth dot com, and do a search. Several posts about glasstream. Depending on your budget, you can look at Sea Hunt, Pioneer, Scout, Robalo, Cobia to mention a few.

Good Luck.

Juan
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gonzaga33
Check out sportsman boats. Great boats that are a crossover b/w dual console and center console
Thanks. I like how their bow seating as a backrest.

Originally Posted by jlb0125
Head over to the hull truth dot com, and do a search. Several posts about glasstream. Depending on your budget, you can look at Sea Hunt, Pioneer, Scout, Robalo, Cobia to mention a few.

Good Luck.

Juan
I've read a few negative post on that site, but most sounded more like a bad dealer rather than the boat itself. I liked the Robalo R220, but its like most others I've found. Not a fan of hull, how tall the sides are. They look more like a dedicated fishing boat.

Last edited by sacdaddy03; 03-20-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Sea hunts are very high end boats. And Boston whalers I am a fan of also. A mako isn't a bad boat either I use one at work to pull big logs out if the marina and sometimes take lunch break fishing trips. I think you could be very happy with a mako or a whaler. Any one with a 90+ Hp motor. 115 salt water mercury or 4 stroke Yamaha would be my go to engines. Although the coastguard boat around me run twin 225 Honda v-tecs and they can fly :jealous:
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you looking into a new or used boat? Whalers have a great reputation, Mako has been around for a while too. Some Bajas and Scarabs are good CC boats as well. When I was a kid we had a 20 foot sea ray Laguna and that was a great boat too. Many options...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply: CC Boats