Notices
CenCal If you live in Central California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4th of July Shaver Lake Camping & Bald Mounntain Run**HEAD COUNT THREAD**

Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone~

I apologize for the LONG delay on getting the camping information to everyone that is interested. I gave up on the camp ground that I was originally working with and I am now in contact with another one. I have emailed her regarding staying at the Camp Edison campground.
When she emails me back, I need to be able to tell her how many rigs and the amount of people per Jeep.
I am looking at the dates for Saturday July 2*Sunday July 3*& trailing around and leaving Monday.
The Bald Mountain run is Sunday July 3rd. This trail is moderately easy. There are bypasses on most obstacles, I guarantee there will still be some snow up there, so tow points and lockers will be important to have. This is a GREAT beginner trail for any newbies that want to get their feet wet~ I hope to see you ALL there.....lol
On MONDAY we will be exploring harder trails in the area for those interested~

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=BGS135-007

For those coming up from So. Cal, if you are planning on hitting the road on Friday, our home is open for you to stay. We have PLENTY of room~

I will add more to this post as it becomes available.

*****UPDATE FOR MEETING POINT*****
On Saturday July 2, we will be meeting in Prather ( at the usual spot Velascos 29460 Auberry Rd #201
Prather, CA 93651 ) at 8am. There was talk at the Suds & Grub about a few people heading up Friday and Maybe even Thursday to scout out and pitch a few tents to hold a spot. If you are planning on still volunteering to do so, please post up in the thread. Please make sure you scout for a big enough area, or adjoining areas that hold enough area for 9-12 rigs for the last minute people who might decide to come up. If we don't have anyone, no biggie we can scout it out as a group. We will post up area/coordinates and directions to the campsite in this thread, pending cell phone service, if not, we will post a sign up in the town of Shaver ( location to be determined ) for any late comers of where we will be located.
Weather is in the mid 70's during the day and mid 40's at night. Please bring a bundle of wood. A great place and for cheap bundles ( for those coming from Fresno/Clovis area) is on the corner of Willow & Shepard next to the fruit stand.

**FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER**
For anyone who is interested, on Friday night Toad, Bullfrog, & JeJe will be in town and we will be meeting for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes @6:30pm. If you are planning on coming, send a PM to me so we can save a large enough table.

**SATURDAY MORNING MEETING IN PRATHER**
(Toad, Bullfrog & JeJe need not respond) Please post up and let us know if you will be meeting Saturday morning up in Prather. Just want to make sure that we don't leave anyone behind if someone is running late.

Please post up for *Attending and *Maybe.

Attending:
JEPITCH *Danger*Dog
Toad & Bullfrog
FRESNOJK & Lisa
Bondsy
Castor07JK & Family (Already staying up there)
JeJe
07Crawler
JEEPnRN
Birdog3
Its_a_JK
Tectah
CJ-5 Mike and wife
JKaBob & Patti
MIKE/KIM
Goldfish

Maybe:

Last edited by JEPITCH; 06-30-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dom and Lisa are in. We will be heading up Saturday night after work and staying till the 4th.

If Edison falls through. There are lots of camping spots on rock creek road or by the Tamarack Sno-Park entrance to Bald. Someone should head up Friday night at claim a spot, they will fill up with toy haulers and RV's quick. All we would need is a free fire permit from the ranger station in Prather. There are restrooms at the sno-park if you don't want to rough it. My $0.02.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FresnoJK
Dom and Lisa are in. We will be heading up Saturday night after work and staying till the 4th.

If Edison falls through. There are lots of camping spots on rock creek road or by the Tamarack Sno-Park entrance to Bald. Someone should head up Friday night at claim a spot, they will fill up with toy haulers and RV's quick. All we would need is a free fire permit from the ranger station in Prather. There are restrooms at the sno-park if you don't want to rough it. My $0.02.
Dom, I know there are tons of open spots, but I think we would have to head up more like Thursday to save such a large spot for our rigs and tents~
Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Jedi

Pretty sure I'll be hanging out and camping at least 1 night.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

We will be there as this is an annual run for us. We will be staying with family, but we will definitely be hooking up with everyone.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by castor07jk
We will be there as this is an annual run for us. We will be staying with family, but we will definitely be hooking up with everyone.
Curt, looking forward to hanging with you and my Brenda!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Finally made the attending list!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Video Clip of Shaver Lake fireworks from above
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/film_drum/?action=view&current=MVI_1419.mp4 Some images from July 3, 2009

Last edited by FresnoJK; 06-09-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

Very cool Dom. You can see my Jk and my Dads 47 at the end of the line just before the red truck.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
JK Freak

Here is a pic looking the other direction.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1300850237885.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	170319  

Quick Reply: 4th of July Shaver Lake Camping & Bald Mounntain Run**HEAD COUNT THREAD**