Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Axle Update

Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
What are you going to grease for power steering? Sounds to me that your pump is going? Maybe check fluid levels? (honestly I dont know though as I have never even looked for the pump on my JK)

The fact it happens on left turns though kind of makes me wonder if it is a steering stabilizer.
yeah i dont know what i am going to grease someone told me i might need to but I wasn’t sure about it either... i figured i might be a good starting point.
The fluids are good and the pump does sound like it is the cause. Wont know for sure till its back

thx
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2Summer
The power steering issue sounds like it's the pump... Might either have dirt or an bubble in it (if it's making a grinding sound when it cuts out, it's an air bubble, if there is no sound most likely dirt) Hopefully that all it is and bleeding the system then changing out the fluid will fix the problem.. Use to happen on my YJ and TJ Sport... "It's a Jeep Thing"

Then again if your belt tensioner is messed up it might just be slippage.. and once you fix that, it might just resolve its self.
thanks 2summer ill try that
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Imkman
yeah i dont know what i am going to grease someone told me i might need to but I wasn’t sure about it either... i figured i might be a good starting point.
The fluids are good and the pump does sound like it is the cause. Wont know for sure till its back

thx
If I have one bitch about the JK it is the fact that they let the guy who installed grease zerks go home the day they built our rigs. I would kill for some grease point on the JK....
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude
find a new dealership they are doing stuff (sabotaging) ur jeep.
they probably put sand in your power steering pump (common trick) it could be a bent rod on your steering stabilizer

a failed steering stabilizer will cause ball joints to go bad real fast as well as wheel bearings

water isn't your issue

mine is in the shop right now for an egr issue and they are arguing with me that there is no fault with it even though the engine light comes on exactly after 1 hr of being driven.

tensionner pulley making noise like a supercharger common issue buy the part for 13$ AND INSTALL IT YOUR SELF YOU WILL NEED a 1/2 breaker bar to release the belt.

enjoy ur jeep.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
a failed steering stabilizer will cause ball joints to go bad real fast as well as wheel bearings
I don't see how tht could be possible.

Quick Reply: Axle Update