Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Balancing Tires??? Anyone know of a good shop in or around the GTAA

Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing Tires??? Anyone know of a good shop in or around the GTAA

3 times now no one can seem to get it right.
Last guy made it worse.
Any suggestions? They are only 33's. Where do the big boys go around town?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, would also love to know a good place for a decent price. Went to visit my parents in Welland last weekend and they were so bad after rotating them I had to go get them balanced at Crappy Tire before the ride home. One was apparently off by 7oz. I told the guy to remove the old weights and start from scratch. Of course he didn't and now my tires have 3-4 different weights around the rim. Looked behind one last night and saw 6 different weights on one tire.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Thinking a shop that does big trucks is the way to go. Place in barrie I have been recommended to go to. Like $100 I think. Jeep shakes like a bastard after 110kmh
Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

our JK was at the dealership for warranty work when we bought our new rims so we dropped them off. They balanced the tires when they swapped the rims (33 MTZ). Still had a fair shake to them at certain speeds. When we went back to the dealership they made arrangements for us to go to a place that sells and services truck tires. They sell big tires nothing for a car and did a great job on ours. They said all the tires were off by 5oz but I guess that's the difference using 'big' equipment makes. This place was in Whitby but I'm sure you can find one closer to you.

Cheers!

Last edited by jeepgirl.jo; 06-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scbesse
Thinking a shop that does big trucks is the way to go. Place in barrie I have been recommended to go to. Like $100 I think. Jeep shakes like a bastard after 110kmh
That's funny, that's the exact speed mine starts the shakes also. Let us know if you go, Barrie isn't far for me at all.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

interesting mine does the shake then as well???
I have been told about a truck tire place on Kipling. I will be going there this afternoon if all goes well. Apparently it is state of the art and has all the latest in tech.
Another try 4 times lucky I hope. And another Hundred smakerroos!!

Ill let you know
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool, thanks Jimmy
Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sooo the plot thickens.....
Went to the recomended state of the art facility. They assure me that my tires are now in perfect balance. Get back out on the 401..... wobble at 80km no more wobble at 110km. Not a bad trade i supose.

The nice part is the tire shop did not charge me for this new wobbling speed. It was free they did in in good faith that I would come back to them next time i was in need of tires.

However my problem persists. I have read about the Road Force Balancer as well as taking in into a large Truck tire center. ill keep you posted.

Jo where in Whitby. If i have to drive out to get it right i will and where are the pics of the new rims???
Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

so i went by a big rig tire shop. they suggested that i go with the beeds that you put inside the tires. anyone have experenence with this type of ballancing? seems like a logical solution but would like to hear from anyone that has done this.

Quick Reply: Balancing Tires??? Anyone know of a good shop in or around the GTAA