Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hi Guys---Room for a Girl with a passion for Jeeps?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hi Guys---Room for a Girl with a passion for Jeeps?

Hi All:
Have recently joined JK-Forum and thought I'd say hello to this group as I'm from Toronto. (Well, Sudbury originally-but in TO since Uni).
Am 31, attached and recently got my first Jeep after wanting one since childhood! His name is Harri, and he's a black JK Sahara Unlimited.
I've spent a few bucks getting barebones dress ups like a wheel cover, grab handles etc; but am so looking forward to what I think needs to be a 2.5' BB and some 35s down the road. Being a city girl we and using this as our DD we can't get too nuts, but we sure do want to have some fun on a regular basis for it so I'm looking for places to wheel (nothing crazy) and to meet some nice new people to learn from.

Hope you're all enjoying our snow and as happy with your JK as I am.

Cheers~!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the Forum Make sure you post up some pics of your Jeep esp once you get it lifted
Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Hey lady. We are all fat humourless pimply guys here.

See ya around, ignore the Americans.....they only came in to say hi because you have ovaries.....we will actually say hi to you because you have a jeep AND ovaries
Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Hey lady. We are all fat humourless pimply guys here.

See ya around, ignore the Americans.....they only came in to say hi because you have ovaries.....we will actually say hi to you because you have a jeep AND ovaries

so funny, so true.

Welcome to the Forum
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

hey Harrisgul welcome and congrats.

Don't worry/mind dyolfknip, he hasn't taken his meds lately and his wife already had him neutered

Hope to see you out on the trails.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice guys nice

welcome and i hope you enjoy

please post up a picture of your JK
is it an auto or manual
what year is it?

just an observation, you have named your JK "harri" and you referred to it as a he.
mostly vehicles are referred to as a female object like steven king's Christine
or betsy.

or in todd's case ditch pig.

just an observation is all. no complaints

PS since i have seen so many women driving JKs that don't wave back when waved too, be sure you do or else bad karma may happen. it's a jeep thing.

cheers
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
nice guys nice

welcome and i hope you enjoy

please post up a picture of your JK
is it an auto or manual
what year is it?

just an observation, you have named your JK "harri" and you referred to it as a he.
mostly vehicles are referred to as a female object like steven king's Christine
or betsy.

or in todd's case ditch pig.

just an observation is all. no complaints

PS since i have seen so many women driving JKs that don't wave back when waved too, be sure you do or else bad karma may happen. it's a jeep thing.

cheers
Ditch Pig? No, mine is called RECOVERERERERERERER OF RUBICONS
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Thanks for the warm welcome!

Alright, let's see if I can summarize answers back to your questions and some remarks on your candor!

~Re Pics: I posted an album in my profile area with the two photos I currently have. (I'm perpetually forget to take my camera out and take more). I've added them to this tread and will take more on our adventures.

~Re the very revealing self appraisals you shared: "We are all fat humourless pimply guys here": It's nice to know you're all normal then! I'd like to think that I'm not a troll, but I'm not seeking approval from you for my physique, so I'm certainly worried about that in you. And for the record, I've already chuckled a few times reading these threads and am really just sponging up all the good info I see here.

I'm hopeful to make good friends and to learn whatever I can from you all while periodically exploiting the fact that some of you may be bought for beer and amazing food in exchange for your mechanical persuasions!!! I am really "interested" in parts/accessories but really still hate to get my hands really really dirty or to pound away under the belly of solid filth. If you fit this bill and are inclined, PM me!

~Re my Jeep being named "Harri", and that it is odd that it's of Male origin: Yes, I'm aware but being a girl and having a girl Jeep just didn't seem to do it justice--so I named it "Harri"---pronounced HA-RI, in my mind is androgenous enough to leave people wondering..or at least with a chuckle.

~Harri's Tech Specs: He's an 08 Sahara, BLACK (and wanting to be completely blacked out with only a few of his personal trademarks having colour).

~Re the "other" women who drive Jeeps and don't wave: I too am afflicted! I won't simply leave women in that category though--many many men don't acknowledge me as I wave, leaving me feeling like an idiot and I've even had one give me a real snarly look! WTF is up with that? If I miss you cause I'm not looking forgive me, but when you see the freckle faced woman with a tie died Harley D bandana holding her hair back on the streets or on the trail, know it's me and that I'll be lookin for a wave back.

Thanks again for the warm welcome--this is so friggin cool...best forum I've read in years!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	18389   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1024.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	18390  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Nice Photos, Welcome aboard. What the hell is all that white stuff covering your jeep. Oh its snow, dont see much down here in Texas, thank God. Join the addiction.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice looking Jeep!! Great color!!

There's a lot of info on this site. Most informative I've found so far.

Quick Reply: Hi Guys---Room for a Girl with a passion for Jeeps?