Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

The new trailer... :-)

Old 08-05-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Campa! I decided to get a trailer as well, as making a breaking camp sucks with a toddler, and we have another on the way. I almost bought a StarCraft 11RT:

But wanted more versatility. The "offroad pop-ups" are ok, but the interiors aren't up to the stress of off-road travel, and they're too wide. I really liked the Conqueror Conquest:

But they are expensive and I wanted a few changes. Mostly, I wanted a sleeping quarters for the kids sepearte from our roof tent. So, I made my own. One of the side hatches will store light stuff (chairs etc.) when on the road, but has a mattress inside that the kids will sleep in.

It's pretty much finished on the outside, just need to finish the sleeping area and kitchenette. It's a little bigger than the Campa or Conqueror, it's exactly the same width and height as my Discovery.

The other big difference is it's designed to carry a dirtbike across the front tongue, and possibly a second on a hitch carrier on the back which is why it has the reciever.

JS, you using a ball coupler?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Conqueror.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	28077   Click image for larger version

Name:	11rt_up_tn.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	28078   Click image for larger version

Name:	sIMG_4207.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	28079  

Last edited by R_Lefebvre; 08-05-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre
So, I made my own.
I've seen your build before. :-) I didn't know you were in Canada... Cool.

JS, you using a ball coupler?
Yup. Just a regular 6000 lbs ball and ball mount. The coupler on the trailer side is rather special though. It's made by Trailco. I don't know the model, but it looks rather like this: www .alko.co.za/pages/products/sigma.htm

js
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ah, you must be on Expedition Portal?

So your coupler can rotate? That's good, because regular ball couplers just can't move enough.

Quick Reply: The new trailer... :-)