Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Scotch Line Aug 2nd

Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scotch Line Aug 2nd Photo's

The weather was great, bugs weren't bad what else could you ask for.. Good group of people with the right state of mind.

Bryan trying to turn his JK into a boat

Ron trying to skip his jeep across a water crossing

Here's some high lights of the day

To check out the rest. http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow

Last edited by 2Summer; 08-03-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I missed a good one. That truck looks like it could haul ass.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Your kidding I hope.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Just saw the tow strap on your jk when you guys were heading home. Hope it wasn't anything to serious. The reason I didnt go was because I didnt want to break anything the day before we head to the east coast. Dont think that would go over to well wih the wife since its the ruby were taking. What happened?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Thanks everyone for the great day.
The weather was perfect and it was a great group.
Good luck Ron, I hope you have some good luck with the clutch (throw bearing) repair. Look at it this way, at least you didn't roll it, dispite your best attempt That was impressive and scary for me watching. I don't want to think about what if felt like from inside the jeep.
I'm glad that you got it to Orillia at least.
Jessey felt much better after his little walk in the woods. Thanks for heading back when we did. It turned out to be good as I got home at 9:30.
Hope to see you all on the trail again soon
Cheers
Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM
JK Freak

Biggy you should have done what I did, send the wife on ahead ( she drove to PEI on Friday) then fly out to meet her after the jeep weekend
Where are you heading to on the coast and why are you taking the rubi

Last edited by tunes; 08-03-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looked like a great run
how well do unimogs articulate
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Ron glad to hear you made it... And to think I was worried and kept telling Chantal to slow down when she was pulling you at 40... Then again we still weren't off the trail Let us know how you make out, I sure hope I'm wrong and it's an easy fix..

Biggy. No joking, we did have some technical difficulties at the very end of the day as we were heading out of the trail.. You know how it is one last mud/water hole. Well 3 JK's (one on 33's, one on 35's and one on 37's) couldn't make it thru, but those Unimogs NOT A PROBLEM You should have came, it was a great day.. No worries that water crossing that you see has a by-pass..

Mudterror It’s scary to see… The damn things have 30 degrees of axle articulation before the bloody body moves. And then the pivot point kicks in and the body/frame can provide additional flex. Very Cool to see.. They made the entire trail look easy.. The Yellow one was sitting on 40’s with 18” of clearance under the diff’s and the other was even bigger sitting on 44”s , a 25000lb PTO winch with almost 24"s of clearance… All I can is that THEY ARE BEASTS.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Those things are beasts. Would have been nice to see them in person. Tunes where taking the ruby because this is gonna be a big ass road trip. We want to see NB NS PEI and then back home through the states. The only thing I'm worried about are the damn rocks we sit on in our jk's.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biggy
Those things are beasts. Would have been nice to see them in person. Tunes where taking the ruby because this is gonna be a big ass road trip. We want to see NB NS PEI and then back home through the states. The only thing I'm worried about are the damn rocks we sit on in our jk's.
lmao
you can say that again , the seats are horrible. I'd love to take the JK back east, maybe next summer, and link up with some guys to run some trails while I'm there.
Send us a numb butt report along the way.
I had a similar thing a few years ago on a bike rally to California with the stock seat on my FZ1. I almost modded the seat myself on the road but found a place to custom refinish it for me which helped the return trip big time. I"ve been thinking of an Obus form under a seat cover but think I will try the wet Okoles by themselves

Those Unimogs were something to watch. I kept challenging myself to take harder and harder lines as I watched them roll over the rocks. Off chamber, I dont think they know the meaning

The problem with that water crossing near the trail head is the depth of the rutts. With 37s I could feel that I was not completely touching on both sides at once as it rocked left and right. I only had to winch in about 2 feet then was able to crawl out. 40s or more would be needed to keep off the axles I think
Hey with 40s I might finally rip the fenders off and put a stop to that annoying rubbing

Ron, Glad you made it home and got your jeep back to Barrie.
I usually have CAA plus and we could have switched Jeeps for the tow, but I always let it lapse whenever I get new car coverage to save the $ for a year or two.

Last edited by tunes; 08-03-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Scotch Line Aug 2nd