Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trailfest 2011 - Bobcaygeon, Ontario

Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a Rubicon? If not, you might want to invest in a set of Rubi rails (you might be able to find a used set on this forum or kijiji)and some manual swaybar quick disconnects. Teraflex makes a nice inexpensive kit for that.

You will be fine stock....but the rails will help protect against rock damage on your rockers and the quick disconnects will help you flex and traverse obstacles much better.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going to register next week...i bought my Rubi in September 2010 and i've been dying to get her off road and dirty ever since. I've never been off road with her really, so i'll need some guidance for sure. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm going to pick up a Cobra 75 WX ST and a 4' Firestick. Any other toys i "need" to get? The only upgrade i've done is installed the IPF H4 conversion headlights...that's it. I really like the windshield mounted aux lights but i don't know how much i'll ever use them...i don't want to be a poser

Do people bring their kids with them? I have a 7 and 4 year old (two boys) and they love to camp...thought they'd have a good time on the trail. Anyone with experience bringing kids to these events?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RD4NETHG
I'm going to register next week...i bought my Rubi in September 2010 and i've been dying to get her off road and dirty ever since. I've never been off road with her really, so i'll need some guidance for sure. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm going to pick up a Cobra 75 WX ST and a 4' Firestick. Any other toys i "need" to get? The only upgrade i've done is installed the IPF H4 conversion headlights...that's it. I really like the windshield mounted aux lights but i don't know how much i'll ever use them...i don't want to be a poser

Do people bring their kids with them? I have a 7 and 4 year old (two boys) and they love to camp...thought they'd have a good time on the trail. Anyone with experience bringing kids to these events?
Most events allow kids, just all depends on what one. Have fun with the Jeep and enoy the outdoors!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

My kids are almost the same age (7 and 5) and I take them out whenever I can go, they LOVE it. I'd never hear the end of it if I took the Jeep out to get dirty and left them at home.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks petro and scbesse...i'll definitely be taking the boys then!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RD4NETHG
I'm going to pick up a Cobra 75 WX ST and a 4' Firestick. Any other toys i "need" to get?
A CB is a good idea, only because that's how everyone communicates on the trail. Aside from that, with a Rubi, you'll be just fine as it is. Take the 101 course the first day, and stick with the trail guides you meet that day, they'll take care of you and show you what your Jeep can handle, and more importantly, how to drive it.

The 101's usually stick together on the second day. They usually take the trails at a slower pace - lots of great photo ops and getting out to watch people attempt obstacles. They're usually an easier going bunch, compared to the more serious ones on the advanced trails.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Super Freak

QUOTE=RD4NETHG;2122546]I'm going to register next week...i bought my Rubi in September 2010 and i've been dying to get her off road and dirty ever since. I've never been off road with her really, so i'll need some guidance for sure. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Do people bring their kids with them? I have a 7 and 4 year old (two boys) and they love to camp...thought they'd have a good time on the trail. Anyone with experience bringing kids to these events?[/QUOTE]

last year I brought my wife and 2 kids....3yr old and 8 year old. They had a blast but the 2nd day my 3yr old was getting bored.

With a rubi you will be fine....I would remove the plastic air dam in the front because you will propbably knock it off anyways....you can put it back on later if you want.

Buy a cheap air compressor to air back up.
And if you want to spend a couple bucks....buy an Evap Skid and an Oil pan skid. They are each about $100 but not necessary....you will be fine "as is".
Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

This looks like a great weekend, mark it on the calendar now!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hay Matador how did you make out with the issues you had with you front end? (sorry for the hi jack)
Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

my ball joints and u-joints?

Quick Reply: Trailfest 2011 - Bobcaygeon, Ontario