Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

well here it is the officail canada gas price threat

Old 04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zeero
Well another thing that is looking promising is this oil field that has been located in North Dakota.....approx. 200 Billion barrels worth....I beleive it was found in the 1950's but they couldn't get at it for a couple of reasons....
Wasn't there one just recently found in Manitoba too??

Excuse the fact that I couldn't read your link as work's network blocks it.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhm have u seen the price of diesel lately
it's like they know it is yeilding more kms so they charge are higher price to equal it out to fuel

if the jk unlim came with a diesel i think with the same size gas tank it will still only yeild 650kms comapred to the 550 i can get
gas todays price $1.20/L x 78L = 93.60$
diesel todays price 1.27/lx78 = 99.06$

i know depends on the driving and what not but if the gain is only 100 to 150 kms extra for having a diesel is it worth it

and lastest indication is that diesel will jump more than gasoline
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I walk to work, and stop at the cold beer & wine and grocery stores on the way home. There's great trails within a 30km radius. The jeep gets better mileage than my previous vehicle.

So, these increases don't trouble me as much as they do others. I do hate watching the price bouncing around, though.

SV
Old 04-19-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

I just ride the bike more (pedal, nothing fancy). Saves on wear and tear and makes me appreciate my JK a lil more.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Big D2
I filled up today.....at $1.17. If you compare that price to the rest of the world, that is actually cheap. We do drive a little more though. I found that I drive more sensibly. I don't mean slower but whenever you accelerate of the light, you don't gun it like it's a stop light grand prix. On the highway, I try and keep speeds under 115 or so. It may sound lethargic, but with the aerodynamics of a house the faster you go the more you burn. I guess I also pick my routes, or try and arrange errands so that I don't back track.

So how high can it go?
It actually helps alot for city driving not accelerating hard i like to coast coming up to red lights. im set to hit 550 km for this tank so im pretty happy with that since its mostly city driving
Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

You could also look at it this way; the higher the gas prices go, the cheaper that Jeeps will be as noone will want them.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could also look at it this way; the higher the gas prices go, the cheaper that Jeeps will be as noone will want them.
which is a fantastic way to look at something you just bought. Gas isnt such a hassle for me cause i only drive 10 or so km to work.. i am more seriously looking at a bicycle though
Old 04-24-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

2.25 a litre it's coming. In the news tonight world gas shortage inevitable by 2012 thats right with or sooner.
how many of u will then drive ur jeep off a cliff and then collect on the insurance and buy an eco box.
just so you know that is 78L a full tank of fuel for $175.5.

what happen to those new oil reserves that were found?
and world new reporting this is enough to drive up the price.

I think I will take an online course for how to see up a website and have perverts watch me play puppet via online camera to have a job at home. may not make much money but I will be able to write off the jeep (advertising on the sides) and part of the house. lol
Old 04-24-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Live it day by day, boys. Don't worry about the end of the world yet. Maybe this will slow the economy a little, maybe it will not. I think it's still superfucially inflated due to speculation. There isn't a business basis for it yet. There are those who argue that we have all these reserves and there are those who said we should have been out already. But in reality, no one really knows. These are all speculations on unfounded numbers....ah well sorry about the ramble, but tomorrow is another day..
Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Jedi

I for one don't want to see Jeep Wrangler prices drop.....just means if and when I trade in or sell the JK I will take a big hit on my wallet for depreciation!!!
However, the 07 & 08 Jeep Wrangler (JK) has the 2nd highest resale value of all the vehicles just behind the Infinity G35.

Live it day by day, boys. Don't worry about the end of the world yet. Maybe this will slow the economy a little, maybe it will not. I think it's still superfucially inflated due to speculation. There isn't a business basis for it yet. There are those who argue that we have all these reserves and there are those who said we should have been out already. But in reality, no one really knows. These are all speculations on unfounded numbers....ah well sorry about the ramble, but tomorrow is another day..
I totally agree with this statement.....Oil is totally inflated....everyone is buying up oil stocks to reduce the affect and losses of the dropping US currency. Once the States gets a stable dollar I think you will see oil prices start to drop. Oil should be around that $85-90US/barrel. It's all speculators that are driving the oil prices up. There is plenty of oil reserves...Alberta has a bigger reserve than Saudia Arabia with the Tar Sands and oil reserves along the Foothills. Also, there are more & more reserves being found and with increased drilling & extraction technology it is becoming easier and cost effective to reach more oil reserves.

Also, you have to account that one of the big oil companies (Can't remember who - Shell???) is looking at having a new gasoline refinery built over in NB or NS by 2012 or 2015. Hopefully this will control the cost of fuel in the future. However, the increase in Fuel/liter has our Canadian Government rubbing there hands & smiling as each increase in the price/liter means more tax money coming into there coffers.

This refinery will be the first gas refinery in over +30years to be constructed because of the cost to construct one is in the billions and as well all the environmental regulations and acts has made it difficult to get approval to construct one.

Quick Reply: well here it is the officail canada gas price threat