Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

any experience with The Truck Shop Long Island?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any experience with The Truck Shop Long Island?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has dealt with this shop at all. I'm doing some homework for a local shop to install an AEV lift whenever i finally decide on a JKU(commando green, true blue, or Billet) and I'm a little surprised that I don't see them mentioned on any forums. They seem to be a big shop, but they also seem to do more pickup trucks and stuff than Jeeps. Anyway, if anyone has any info they can share, it'd be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to recommend another shop on the island. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has dealt with this shop at all. I'm doing some homework for a local shop to install an AEV lift whenever i finally decide on a JKU(commando green, true blue, or Billet) and I'm a little surprised that I don't see them mentioned on any forums. They seem to be a big shop, but they also seem to do more pickup trucks and stuff than Jeeps. Anyway, if anyone has any info they can share, it'd be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to recommend another shop on the island. Thanks a lot.
Just so you know Huntington jeep works with Aev, and a few other companies. Also I have a friend tht is a mechanic there and they do a lot of custom work. Give them a call
Old 05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Forgot to mention they have a few Aev built jeeps for sale, and last time I was there they were ordering 3 brites
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Napalm90
Just so you know Huntington jeep works with Aev, and a few other companies. Also I have a friend tht is a mechanic there and they do a lot of custom work. Give them a call
Yeah, I know. I'm actually currently drooling over an anvil 10th anniversary Rubi that they have, but it's not in the budget right now. I'm not planning to get the jeep from Huntington just because another dealership has about 8 CG freedom editions in stock and I think I could work a better deal there so I felt a bit weird going to them for my lift and stuff. Definitely will look into it. I also have a buddy who'd probably be willing to help me to do it myself. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

It also goes a long way that they work with you regarding warranties from what I understand. I've read a few stories here and there about dealerships flagging vins and it always seems to turn into a nightmare. I've only heard great things about Huntington Jeep and so so things about the dealership with the deeper inventory. Maybe there's a reason they have a huge jeep inventory when no one else can keep them in stock.

Last edited by etl330; 05-07-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

No problem! Good luck!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Planet Automotive in Medford.

(631) 475-3020 ask for John. Tell him DJ sent you.
He has been pretty booked in the past few weeks. He just finished lifting a 2 door JK and also did a new WK2 Grand Cherokee. He does a lot of work on jeeps.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FMLYJP
Planet Automotive in Medford.

(631) 475-3020 ask for John. Tell him DJ sent you.
He has been pretty booked in the past few weeks. He just finished lifting a 2 door JK and also did a new WK2 Grand Cherokee. He does a lot of work on jeeps.
Awesome thanks. Wonder what a new GC looks like lifted.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by etl330
Awesome thanks. Wonder what a new GC looks like lifted.
Like this!
Click image for larger version

Name:	wk2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	455692
This is from the shop owners facebook page.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Truck Shop

Not looking to bash but I had a less than stellar experience with them. I'm a reasonable guy and I don't expect rainbows and unicorns when dealing with auto shops but they were rude, pompous, and generally uninterested when I was in there.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by conifers4
Not looking to bash but I had a less than stellar experience with them. I'm a reasonable guy and I don't expect rainbows and unicorns when dealing with auto shops but they were rude, pompous, and generally uninterested when I was in there.
You are talking about the truck shop? I have heard similar.

Quick Reply: any experience with The Truck Shop Long Island?