Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any meet and greets in central/eastern PA?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any meet and greets in central/eastern PA?

Just wondering if any of you guys ever hold meet and greets in the central or eastern part of PA? I live in Lebanon (about 30mins. east of Hershey) and havn't had an operatunity to meet anyone from here in person yet. Was hoping to make it to 4wd's shindig at Rausch Creek, but I don't think I'm gonna make it.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

I would just monitor this East Coast part of the forum. There is always something in south jersey or the eastern pa going on, usually with a few weeks notice for planning. Also, might consider joining Blue Mountain Jeep Club, heard lotsa good things about them. They have quite a bit scheduled already.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

So far all we have had are meet and rides at Rausch.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by afoulk
Just wondering if any of you guys ever hold meet and greets in the central or eastern part of PA? I live in Lebanon (about 30mins. east of Hershey) and havn't had an operatunity to meet anyone from here in person yet. Was hoping to make it to 4wd's shindig at Rausch Creek, but I don't think I'm gonna make it.
Do you know about the show at Jeff Daniels Jeep tomorrow?

There is also the JK fest at Rausch Creek next month.

I am in Reading, PA, not too far away from you so if I hear of anything I will try to remember to let you know.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gotta work tomorrow, otherwise I'd be going to the Jeff Daniels show.

I was thinking about going to the JK event at RC, but am still a little unsure as I still have the stock 225's, and I can't afford to break anything either. Plus I've never actually done any serious wheeling, atleast where I was driving, and I think I'd prefer to give it my first try with a smaller group. I think the JK event is gonna be pretty full. Are going up by yourself? maybe I could tag along?

I was mainly wondering if there are ever any meet and greets around here just so I can meet some of the guys from here and get a good look at some of their JK's.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Another option, close to PA, is the Pine Barrens.

Its FREE, and open all year...and there are runs there all the time.

If looking to mostly meet people for example, on October 26, 2008 (Sunday), there's the 7th Annual Pine Barrens Clean Up Run. (9:30 AM)

Hundreds of off roaders meet up at the Atsion Ranger Station off Route 206 in Atsion, NJ.

They form smaller groups, and head into the Pines to Clean Up illegal dump sites as teams. The Park Rangers identify the trails that were impacted. Things taken out included a 37' boat, that had to be cut into 3 parts to drag out, commercial A-C units, old cars and trucks, etc.

There's Beer/Beverages, wings, raffle prizes, etc, afterwards, were you can socialize, look at trucks, etc.

Probably perfect opportunity for what you have in mind.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow, sorry we didnt get your post earlier.... We actually went to Swatera State Forest today, which is kinda near Fort Indiantown; which is pretty close to you!! (I think!!)
But I believe it is alot closer to you than the Barrens.....

here is a quick slideshow of some of it..
The trails are not the best, but not the worse, either. You need to really look for em..
We found a Steel furnace, an abandoned spooky house, closed bridges, streams, and a few squirrels!!
Nice outing for newbies!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jnrstel/...8ql0#slideshow
Old 09-21-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

oh man, I would definately went with you guys! I'm only 15mins. from there. My gf and I go out there and out to the gap all the time. We also like to go up to the state game land trails up in Towercity. I didn't think it was legal to run those trails out in the Swatara State Forest though. We always just stuck to Old State Rd. I have a pic of the first house you took with the whole front of it missing. If you go down 443 a bit, you'll see some old mine chutes too. Anyways, let me know next time you go out there, I'll join you guys. Ruppster is also looking to explore out there sometime too.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

I gotta work tomorrow, otherwise I'd be going to the Jeff Daniels show.

I was thinking about going to the JK event at RC, but am still a little unsure as I still have the stock 225's, and I can't afford to break anything either. Plus I've never actually done any serious wheeling, atleast where I was driving, and I think I'd prefer to give it my first try with a smaller group. I think the JK event is gonna be pretty full. Are going up by yourself? maybe I could tag along?

I was mainly wondering if there are ever any meet and greets around here just so I can meet some of the guys from here and get a good look at some of their JK's.
there stock trails are easy, you'll be fine. your not the only one going thats almost stock
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh man, I would definately went with you guys! I'm only 15mins. from there. My gf and I go out there and out to the gap all the time. We also like to go up to the state game land trails up in Towercity. I didn't think it was legal to run those trails out in the Swatara State Forest though. We always just stuck to Old State Rd. I have a pic of the first house you took with the whole front of it missing. If you go down 443 a bit, you'll see some old mine chutes too. Anyways, let me know next time you go out there, I'll join you guys. Ruppster is also looking to explore out there sometime too.

Definately will do that!!!

Are the mine chutes from coal mining???

Quick Reply: Any meet and greets in central/eastern PA?