Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

bds susspension

Old 12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bds susspension

orrr thumbs downn
Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say, No issues at all with my BDS 4.5" Long Arm. Just about 30,000 miles on it to date....
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

bds 4.5 short arm and love it no issues at all
Old 12-21-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

4" long arm on 2 door. no problems at all.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

3.5" lift for 10,000 miles
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

18,000 miles on 4.5 lift .
Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

HAPPY... other than the track bar was crap!!!! just have the springs and shocks now but i love them and would not change.....
Old 12-21-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

I've been running their 3" for about a year now, and am less than impressed. I specifically asked if the springs would sag under the weight of steel bumpers and was told that they would be fine - they weren't, they dropped about an inch in the front and rear. One other thing you should be aware of is that their "no fine print" warranty is BS.

This is direct from their website (make sure you read the FINE PRINT)

No Fine Print Warranty
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

Here's the fine print that they don't bother putting in their ads. Yes, I realize that shocks are considered wear items, and that every company out there takes the same stance when it comes to the shock warranty. Simple solution - add a disclamer to your ads, or change your slogan. The shocks come in BDS boxes, and have BDS stickers on them - sounds like they are a BDS part to me.

Shock and Stabilizer Cylinders Limited Lifetime Warranty
BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.

BDS Suspension's obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS's option, of the defective material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties.

Just my $.02.

JD

Last edited by jd1066; 12-21-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: bds susspension