Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

GWNF Newbie Run 4/18

Old 03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWNF Newbie Run 4/18

Well after talking to AtomicMecha I was thinking about setting up a newbie run on April 18th. I'd like to run Flagpole as it's a good trail for guys that's never had their Jeeps offroad or never been offroad period. The trail offers some great views and one or two spots to show guys how to spot, use their swaybar disco's and lockers if you have them. I know we have alot of new people in the area that have joined up. So sign up and let's have a good trip. The final meeting spot will be at the same ol' Sheetz in Harrisonburg 798 East Market St. Harrisonburg Va 22801 I'd like to meet there at 0900 and leave at 1000.

Attending
08GreenRubi
lc619fr
Charlie K
atomicmecha
RubiEngr
highoctane
riverzendz
pegleg6
stevedolce
whizit

Maybe
sailr4
Yoshi
MacsJK

Last edited by lc619fr; 04-14-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

well, as i already said, i'm in!

pst - i may even show up in my blazer... cause i'm starting to enter negotiations with a local dealer about getting one of my dream cars for trading my jeep in. and i have no idea if i'll still have my jeep 2 days from now, or 2 weeks from now.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
well, as i already said, i'm in!

pst - i may even show up in my blazer... cause i'm starting to enter negotiations with a local dealer about getting one of my dream cars for trading my jeep in. and i have no idea if i'll still have my jeep 2 days from now, or 2 weeks from now.
So please share as to what your dream car is I thought it was a Jeep You disappoint me Although with less and less wheeling spots I don't blame you.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Saltshed

Well I was advised tonight that Saltshed has been closed by the city of Harrisonburg as many of you know this was one of our prime wheeling spots down in Harrisonburg and other then a short 50 ft section of Dictums Ridge was the only real good spot to go. I've sent a PM to alex about spending a weekend down there camping and just checking out some other trails that are on the National Forest Maps. If anybody would like to give that a run please PM.

Zach

Well after talking to AtomicMecha I was thinking about setting up a newbie run on April 18th. I'd like to run Flagpole as it's a good trail for guys that's never had their Jeeps offroad or never been offroad period. The trail offers some great views and one or two spots to show guys how to spot, use their swaybar disco's and lockers if you have them. I know we have alot of new people in the area that have joined up. So sign up and let's have a good trip. The final meeting spot will be at the same ol' Sheetz in Harrisonburg 798 East Market St. Harrisonburg Va 22801 I'd like to meet there at 1000 and leave at 1030.

In:
Me
Atomic
RubiEngr
Charlie K
08GreenRubi

Maybe:
JoeGlock

Last edited by lc619fr; 04-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lc619fr
So please share as to what your dream car is I thought it was a Jeep You disappoint me Although with less and less wheeling spots I don't blame you.

well, its not the lack of wheeling space thats killing me, its the payments. i'd love to keep the jeep, i love it, but i don't need it killing my credit. i've been looking at a few TJ's that are reasonably cheap to trade my JK in, but then I found a a dealer that can put me in the truck I've been wanting since they came out when i was 6. a GMC Typhoon.

jeep's will be around for a good while, and in a few years when i'm done with college, i very certain, no, positive i'll get another. but these typhoon's are become a rare thing. only <5000 were made, and they are dieing off each week because some punk drives one into a tree. I think only about 2000 of them are still around, and a good number of those belong to collectors and aren't driven anymore.

and what makes this thing so special? the fact that its was the fastest production SUV made till the Jeep Cherokee SRT8, but even then, its a close call.

Built in 92 & 93, these were AWD trucks with a 4.3L innercooled turbocharged engine pumping out 280hp & 360ft-lbs torque. 0-60 in 5 seconds, and 1/4 mile in 14 seconds. all bone stock. not bad for a 92 if you ask me. and when you remove the governor, they clock in at over 300hp.

oh, and the Cherokee SRT8 can do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and 1/4 mile in 13 seconds.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

besides, if i do get the typhoon, i'll finally have money to start my SFA swap on my blazer.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd love to make this ride, It's Easter weekend, I've got work and family plans already.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

that sounds pretty cool! i'll be watching this thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Are you and Alex going this weekend?

Quick Reply: GWNF Newbie Run 4/18