Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 03-18-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to be a killjoy or anything like that, but your best bet is to know that you have a JK coming and you will get it, and leave it at that. The sooner that you accept that the dealer really doesn't know when your vehicle is going to be delivered, then the less heartache you will suffer.
Because every time they give you a date for it to be there and it doesn't show up will only serve to make the knot of anticipation that is in your stomach now, get bigger and tighter. Ask anyone in the forum, they will all tell you , "The waiting really sucks", but they will also tell you "It's well worth the wait"
Old 03-18-2007, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

What dealer? I got mine in 7 weeks, dealer said it was going to be 9.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

I got mine 2 days early.............go figure....
Old 03-18-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bolles Motors in Ellington, CT. But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. especially since now I understand a little more as to what was causing the hold up. (which I learned through this great forum) The salesman kept me informed, their hands were tied. Sure I was rather pissed off at the time, but only because I was expecting my ride to be there by a certain date, and I was let down a number of times. But there was nothing Bolles Motors colud do about it, they were just relaying the info to me that they were given. And I honestly believe they felt very bad about the whoe situation. That's why I still ended up buying my new Jeep through them.

Unless the assembly line is now moving more smoothly, before the begining of this year, most folks had quite a wait time on their hands which more often than not would end up being significantly longer than what the dealers had originally led them to believe. For example I originally ordered my JK in the begining of Nov.
I was told that some of the new Jeeps had taken about 5 or 6 weeks to come in, but I should figure on it taking more like 8 to 10 weeks.
So of course I was hopeing to get mine at the earliest 5 weeks but I understood that it could take up to 10 weeks "max".
6 weeks go by and at that point I'm told that it looks more like it's gonna take 12 weeks. So now 13 weeks have passed, it's now Jan...no JK, I call to see what the deal is, and this time I am told that it looks like my ride isn't gonna be built till March, so I won't see it untill April at the soonest. My personal dead line was by my birthday in march, so now that it was not gonna show up untill April, My choice had been for me and I decided to buy an '06 instead, which is what I was planning on buying in the begining anyway, before I found out about the JKs.

This was my own personal experience. I'm not trying to say that this is going to happen to everyone. Heck I don't even know if it is still taking place on the scale that it was before. All that I'm trying to say is that if you want to avoid dissapointment, it is best not to get your hopes up that your new ride will arrive exactly when the dealer says that it should, because there's a good chance that it might not.

By the way, I had ordered a rescue green Rubi Unlimited with dual deep tint tops, 6 speed trany, power conveniance group, 6 disk changer and smokers group for $29,890.

Last edited by CHOPPER; 03-18-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
Welcome to the Long Island thread.
Where we can talk about all thing Long Island. Like sitting in traffic on the L.I.E.
Or, why there is no place left in Nassua county to go wheel'n.
Can you not ride on the beaches anymore? I have a lot of family on LI and can remember vehicles running on the sand in certain areas. Can be that bad having bikini clad girls running around where you are wheeling. Although I have come across the occasional nude sunbather in the mountains.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ydobyna
Can you not ride on the beaches anymore? I have a lot of family on LI and can remember vehicles running on the sand in certain areas. Can be that bad having bikini clad girls running around where you are wheeling. Although I have come across the occasional nude sunbather in the mountains.
You can still ride the beaches. I'm looking forward to a good parking space. That's usually a problem on the weekends.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default beach fun

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
You can still ride the beaches. I'm looking forward to a good parking space. That's usually a problem on the weekends.
Do you need to have a permit to drive on the beach? If so where do you get it?
Town hall?

Also, which beaches do they allow this? Plum island? (Ya right!)
It sounds cool, I've never driven on a beach before.
It would be fun to kick up some sand with the Jeep.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Hello from Bellerose. I'm about a week or so away from delivery of my black unlimited x. I've already researched every mod I want to apply, now I just want the darn thing to arrive.

edit: it's here

Last edited by jcanlas; 04-30-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey there icanlas, Nice ride man! I've never seen that style bumper on a JK yet...It looks GREAT!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Chopper! It's the Mopar Rockcrawler bumper w/o the winch mount. I'm starting to look for places nearby to wheel - any suggestions? It's my third Jeep (second Wrangler) and I have never been offroad. sad, huh? :toung:

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY