Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Need help really bad

Old 07-10-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help really bad

I just got a reckless driving ticket. If anyone knows a Philly cop that can help me out, i will greatly appreciate it. I dont mind paying the fine, but reckless driving is like 5 points, and thats what i'm worried about. If you can help me out, the drinks are on me.

Here is what happened. 2 cars in front of me where pulling out from shopping center, they were making LEFT turn, and because of oncoming traffic they couldn't pull out. So i drove around them on a right and made my RIGHT turn, and what do i know, the first car was some damn Lt. or Capt., of course he pulls me over and calls a squad car to give me a ticket. In tickets comments he wrote that i almost caused and accident, which is a load of shit, because where i was turning there were no cars coming.

I know it was assholish thing to do, but the bastard was holding up traffic, and i was in a hurry.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Go to court, and get it plead down...
Old 07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude that ticket is un"fixable". Because its probably going to get followed up on who ever originally stopped you. Get a hold of your local, city council or state rep. They will point you in the right direction.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one of them before... think I caught the cop in a bad mood. I got a "squealing tires" ticket, reckless driving ticket, and a "speed greater then reasonable at conditions" or something like that. Total was like $860 and 10 points. I GOT OUT OF ALL OF IT, with no lawyer.

Go to court, and plea your case, make the cop prove what your were doing was dangerous. That’s how I got out of mine. the officer that wrote me the tickets couldn't tell the judge what the speed limit on the road he pulled me over on was, and I could, he also couldn't admit he never lost sight of me, and he claimed I did 65mph on this one road, but yet claimed I came to a full stop at a stop sign. From where the traffic light was that he first saw me to the stop sign was only 1/4 mile and a very windy road, impossible to get up to 65 on and I proved it (thank you high school physics). So basically, I called the cop on his BS and the judge let me go as if it never happened.

So again, go to court. If you need help, go talk to a lawyer to get some advice. Some lawyers will probably be able to get the whole thing tossed for a very small fee on their end.

edit::btw, that was here in maryland, don't know how much different it is in PA, but i have heard that the legal folks up there have a few more lumps of coal rammed up their ass then we do down here. no ofense
Old 07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Go to court, and get it plead down...
x2 goto court early and talk to the prosecuter tell him you'll plead guilty to something that is just a fine. Also that LT or Capt should have to be there,but I bet he wont be, he is the witness not the officer. Who signed the ticket the officer or the LT/Capt?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

yeah my reaction is to definitely go to court. I am not sure the white shirt, lt or capt, can direct an officer to write a ticket, based on what HE saw. I believe the signer of the ticket has to attest as to what he saw, not the supervisor.

At the very least go to court and talk to the officer in the court. there will be a prosecutor there Phila traffic court. but the police officer assigned to the court will handle any pleas. If he wont work with you, plead not guilty and request a trial date....get an atty and let him work out a plea. It would be worth is since a reckless driving looks bad on any driving report. and ur rates will skyrocket..so its worth the fight on that account alone...good luck
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
x2 goto court early and talk to the prosecuter tell him you'll plead guilty to something that is just a fine. Also that LT or Capt should have to be there,but I bet he wont be, he is the witness not the officer. Who signed the ticket the officer or the LT/Capt?
Originally Posted by pagoda
yeah my reaction is to definitely go to court. I am not sure the white shirt, lt or capt, can direct an officer to write a ticket, based on what HE saw. I believe the signer of the ticket has to attest as to what he saw, not the supervisor.

At the very least go to court and talk to the officer in the court. there will be a prosecutor there Phila traffic court. but the police officer assigned to the court will handle any pleas. If he wont work with you, plead not guilty and request a trial date....get an atty and let him work out a plea. It would be worth is since a reckless driving looks bad on any driving report. and ur rates will skyrocket..so its worth the fight on that account alone...good luck
Here is the deal, the CO that pulled me over didn't even let me say anything in my defense, just grabbed my license, and walked away. When he came back with a ticket, the only thing he said was "You think you can come here and make your own laws, well you are wrong, not in my district" gave me my license and ticket and walked away. Now, I am a US Citizen, and live in "his" district for over 6 years, I was not born in US (came here in 1996) so i have an accent when i'm talking and consider his remark to be very insulting.

Here is the exact remark from citation: "Def went around all traffic waiting to leave driveway at above loc. Drove onto pavement and exited onto Bustleton Ave almost causing auto accident. Witnessed by CO7."

Also in section 60. of PA TC Citation he checked that vehicle was marked cruiser, but the officer that pulled me over was in UNMARKED Ford Taurus.

In section 25. of PA TC Citation the field "Filed on Information Received" has not been checked. Which in my opinion should be checked since i was given the citation by an officer who was not present at the scene, and wrote ticket on info received from a higher ranking officer/his supervisor.

They never told me to sign the citation either, in section marked "Defendant's Signature" they just wrote "issued".

PS: I'M VERRY PISSED OFF
Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

As much as that ticket can cost you fine wise and insurance wise I would definately consult and maybe hire an attorney, sounds like he has a bug up his ass

Good luck!!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

yah seriously. i would visit an attorney and let him determine the legality of the ticket status....some tickets,depending on the violation do not require a defendent signature at all...

you may want to file a complaint with HIS supervisor for the desparaging remarks. It is okay for the cop to be angry, but its another for him to be unprofessional......
Old 07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I was in line to get an iPhone this morning. An officer, off-duty but in uniform, was a few in front of me. I spent the morning BS'ing with him and some other folks.

Yea, he blew off a court date to get his iPhone.

Go...to...court.

Quick Reply: Need help really bad