Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

North Carolina 4X4 only rentals

Old 12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Carolina 4X4 only rentals

Has anyone stayed at the beach rentals in North Carolina that requires 4X4 to get to house. Was wondering in any areas are better than others and such?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Never heard of it and im from NC
Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

I have up there in the outer banks. We stayed right at the end of corola where the road ends. Have to take a 4x4 to drive on the sand and get to the rest of the islands during low tide. It was awesome and all the islands out there are nice.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes,Carova area 5th or 6th house from the end of the road! very quiet, took our dogs, had a blast. Just remember, it's 45-1hr each way just to go to the store. We had horses in our yard. What do you want to know?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Dennis Anderson has a not so ridiculously gi-normous house out there... past the pavement. Saw him on the beach last time I was out there. He uses the big white bus that's a beach-party on wheels. The side opens and it's on rather large, wide turf type tires. If you've been out there you've probably seen it. Great place for any Jeeper. Ditto on the store though. Make sure you have you're cooler filled before you head out that way.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was in Carova Beach this summer... first time in OBX, and only had my JK for two months before going after trading my Charger R/T in, lifted the week before the trip and loved it.

It's a great area, already booked again for this coming summer.

Great fun with the sand driving, took the top and doors off the first morning and they were off the entire week.

I'll post pics if I remember when I get home.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

RG, I traded in my Daytona Charger for my JK! Sorry for the hijack...

Get to the islands during low tide? Im in Raleigh and try to get out that way but never heard about that place! Gotta check it out...

Last edited by JeepinJed; 01-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i stayed at a 4x4 house 2 years ago... it was SICK!!! so peaceful.. we were about 1/8 mi from va border, so we were WAAAY up the beach!! u def need a 4x4 to get over the dunes, not so much on the beach if u drve smart.. anyway the only lousy part was a trip to the store, which, if ur on the roads is prob 10 min.. up the beach it took an hr to get to the stores, and pretty much an hr back..
i loved it i would DEF stay there again!!... i think it was dances with waves under twiddy realty.
so ideally u would arrive in obx, check in, then do ALL!!! your food and booze shopping so u can just chillax all week!!
also bring extension cords... there is nothing like running a cord from the house onto the beach n rockin tunes!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Jhughes2013
Dennis Anderson has a not so ridiculously gi-normous house out there... past the pavement. Saw him on the beach last time I was out there. He uses the big white bus that's a beach-party on wheels. The side opens and it's on rather large, wide turf type tires. If you've been out there you've probably seen it. Great place for any Jeeper. Ditto on the store though. Make sure you have you're cooler filled before you head out that way.
wow i have seen that!!! i also saw an old ford big blue with like 50's on it!!! looked like bigfoot.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

We're considering going in with a few other fellow JK folks renting one of the large 4x4 beach houses this summer....

Quick Reply: North Carolina 4X4 only rentals