Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Orange & Rockland Counties Report In

Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange & Rockland Counties Report In

Figured I'd see who is in the areas of Orange County & Rockland County, New York.
If Your in the Area and You are looking for some Local Friends, this is the place to
stop in and see who is available to go wheel'in with ya. Wheel'in alone is not only
lonely, it can be dangerous.

Take a moment to think about what I said... Now think to yourself how many times
your going along just fine and then you come to a blind drop-off. Wouldn't be great
if you had a spotter to check your angles. To keep a wary eye on you so everything
turns out ok... What if you have a bone stocker....and you find yourself stuck on
something...like you high-centered yourself or you blow the bead on one of your tires,
while clinging to the side of a hill. It sure would be great if you had buddies around
to help you out...

I have been a part of the Jeeping community since 1993, when I bought my first
Jeep. I always try to Tread Lightly wherever I roam. And I'm always willing to stop
and offer a helping hand to unlucky 4 wheelers who happen across my path.

Thanks for Posting and I hope to see you out there soon.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Orange Cty here, Rock Tavern. We have a pretty good group that is out quite often. Might have a few jeeps at my place next Saturday for some easy wheelin and whatnot.
Mike

Edit; had a pretty good response from the usuals so probably drag the bbq down into the field and have a bonfire as well.

Last edited by mikd; 02-26-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Open invite for any local JK'rs. If you've got a stocker and are curious about what it can do this is a good spot. There will be quite a few jeeps here Saturday, from stock to Moby...

Mike

Last edited by mikd; 02-27-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm down!! Where are you located? I'll be coming from Westchester, but don't mind the ride.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Cornwall

Hey all, just thought Id say hi. I'm located in Cornwall, Where is this get together?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

West side of New Windsor, across the street from the Rock Tavern post office on rt207. 15min from Cornwall.
Mike
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool Get Togethers

I'm definitly interested in meeting up with some local JK'ers, the next two weekends are shot, but after that Im game. Just state where and when.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Whats up guys! I live in Middletown. I'd love to come check things out on Sat. but I have a family party to go to. Would def like to get together another time. Never been wheeling with my jeep yet. Still a bit cautious due to the fact that its my DD.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds good, this is a good place to get your feet wet without the pressure of having to keep up with the group on a trail run. We do this all the time so no rush.

Looks like some rain on Saturday, this should make the trails more fun plus we have the train tunnel to use as a dry hangout for bbq/bonfire.
Mike
Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey mike,

Can't wait till saturday. Im so glad eric welded up the freak haha.

Quick Reply: Orange & Rockland Counties Report In