Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek Family Trail Ride/Newbie Run - Saturday 6/18

Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Rausch Creek Family Trail Ride/Newbie Run - Saturday 6/18

I am hoping to put together a nice easy ride up at Rausch sometime from the middle of June thru early July(not July 2nd-4th). I signed up to tailgun for el campede's 101 group at the Tata run in August. I'd like to run the same route that he has planned for that day so I can become a little more familiar with the trail. I believe that it's almost exclusively green trails, which will make it perfect for stock jeeps and people that would like to bring their families out for a ride. We'll be making plenty of stops to take photos and for the kids to get out and run around. My vote is for Sunday, June 19th(which just happens to be Fathers Day if you guys need a little extra leverage with the wife), but I'd like to know which dates are good for everyone else. Keep in mind that the Adams' Jeep Jam is June 18th and the PAJeeps show is July 16th-17th, so those dates are most likely out. Everyone post your thoughts and we'll get a date set by the end of Memorial Day weekend. This is a great opportunity for all you people that have never been to Rausch to come out and see just what your Jeep is capable of. DON'T MISS IT!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be interested, depending on the date. Also, are you trying to keep it Jeeps only?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Non-jeeps are always welcome! What dates are good for you?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll keep you posted...I'm subscribed to the thread. I have a 2011 2 door. My buddy has an FJ and we're both just getting in to wheeling. Work has me travelling a bit lately so I won't try to throw out a date. I'll watch the thread and try to juggle accordingly, haha
Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

I may be interested as well. Let me check with the boss and see what's going on that weekend. I'll get back to you.

Later...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dcharge74
I am hoping to put together a nice easy ride up at Rausch sometime from the middle of June thru early July(not July 2nd-4th). I signed up to tailgun for el campede's 101 group at the Tata run in August. I'd like to run the same route that he has planned for that day so I can become a little more familiar with the trail. I believe that it's almost exclusively green trails, which will make it perfect for stock jeeps and people that would like to bring their families out for a ride. We'll be making plenty of stops to take photos and for the kids to get out and run around. My vote is for Sunday, June 19th(which just happens to be Fathers Day if you guys need a little extra leverage with the wife), but I'd like to know which dates are good for everyone else. Keep in mind that the Adams' Jeep Jam is June 18th and the PAJeeps show is July 16th-17th, so those dates are most likely out. Everyone post your thoughts and we'll get a date set by the end of Memorial Day weekend. This is a great opportunity for all you people that have never been to Rausch to come out and see just what your Jeep is capable of. DON'T MISS IT!!!
I'll actually be in Bernville the weekend of the 18th to drop of number 1 son with Grandpa so something like that could work, though I gotta admit, Saturday the 17th would probably be a lot easier.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wanna go!
I have a stock '11 unlimited sport, would love to 'experiment.'

Sign me up
Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going up this Saturday. I'd go again in June July. You guys figure on a day. I'll even give you a topic..."The Jeep JK is neither a Jeep nor a JK, discuss..."
Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

I'm interested. What are you thinking for start and finish times so I can decided if I need to get a hotel (coming from the DC area). IOW, a 10AM'ish start time and a 4PM'ish finish time means I don't have to get a hotel as I can drive up and down the same day. But, I don't mind getting a room. They're pretty cheap up there and it means a good meal at the Red Lion :-).
--
Ken
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ken-Rahaim
.....10AM'ish start time and a 4PM'ish finish time means I don't have to get a hotel as I can drive up and down the same day.
--
Ken
Thats's pretty close to what we'd be looking at timewise. I don't want to make it too long of a day for anyone. I think the kids might start to get a little impatient if we stay out longer.

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Family Trail Ride/Newbie Run - Saturday 6/18