Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek Weekend Wheelin' 5/5 - 5/6

Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More the merrier.... I will be calling Monday for a room. Can't wait to go now, it's gonna be torture waiting for the weekend to get here already....
Old 04-21-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just made my hotel reservation
Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
I was thinking about bringing the firepit I made also, but the thing is - where would I get wood? I mean, I have a ton at my house, but I'm not about to load up my jeep with wood....I wouldn't be able to fit all my other stuff, also the fact that my jeep would then weigh 904584389067 pounds. Also would need to call and find out first if I would even be allowed to have a firepit. It is controlled/contained at least, so I got that going for me....haha
Unfortunately Schuylkill County is in a burn ban right now, with no end in sight. Even with the rain coming this weekend, they are not sure it will be enough. We're camping at Rausch the weekend after you will be there, and can't have a campfire.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Unfortunately Schuylkill County is in a burn ban right now, with no end in sight. Even with the rain coming this weekend, they are not sure it will be enough. We're camping at Rausch the weekend after you will be there, and can't have a campfire.
Is that right? Bummer... Even if the fire is completely contained in a chiminea with screens on all sides? It wouldn't be just a open fire. Obviously, i will not push it and comply to the "burn ban" because I'm not looking for trouble, but I'm curious as to what the limits are so to say, or if its just a no fire at all sorta thing. Who can I call or talk to about this "ban"?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Is that right? Bummer... Even if the fire is completely contained in a chiminea with screens on all sides? It wouldn't be just a open fire. Obviously, i will not push it and comply to the "burn ban" because I'm not looking for trouble, but I'm curious as to what the limits are so to say, or if its just a no fire at all sorta thing. Who can I call or talk to about this "ban"?
As per the Pennsylvania DNCR......
Burning Ban Definition – "Open burning" is defined as the ignition and subsequent burning of any combustible material (garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter, paper, vegetative matter involved with land clearing, or any sort of debris) out-of-doors either in a burn barrel or on the ground. The use of propane or gas stoves, charcoal briquette grills, or the use of tobacco in any form is not covered under county burn bans. Camp fires are allowed in the fire rings that confine and contain the camp fire in a designated state, federal, or Department of Environmental Protection licensed campground.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Junkie

As per the Pennsylvania DNCR......
Burning Ban Definition – "Open burning" is defined as the ignition and subsequent burning of any combustible material (garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter, paper, vegetative matter involved with land clearing, or any sort of debris) out-of-doors either in a burn barrel or on the ground. The use of propane or gas stoves, charcoal briquette grills, or the use of tobacco in any form is not covered under county burn bans. Camp fires are allowed in the fire rings that confine and contain the camp fire in a designated state, federal, or Department of Environmental Protection licensed campground.
So, I guess even with my chiminea I still cant have one.... oh well. I'll still enjoy everything else about the weekend.... thanks for the info tho
Old 04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Yea it sucks, but I'm holding out hope that we'll get a lot of rain and the ban will be lifted. I'd head up to wheel with you guys, but I need that weekend to prep my rig for the following weekend. I've got much work that needs to be done.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Well, I don't plan on doing any crazy trails as my buddy is stock except for MT's.... and his is a lease. So, we are just exploring and just gonna enjoy being outdoors and whatnot. So, I'm not sure what you need to do on your rig, but if you can still do some trails "as-is", you are of course welcome to join...
Old 04-22-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, I don't plan on doing any crazy trails as my buddy is stock except for MT's.... and his is a lease. So, we are just exploring and just gonna enjoy being outdoors and whatnot. So, I'm not sure what you need to do on your rig, but if you can still do some trails "as-is", you are of course welcome to join...
I'm rolling with only 2wd right now. I need to find time to get my front driveshaft and new yolks installed, and that weekend looks like the only opening that I'm going to get. If plans change, I'll post here to let you guys know I can make it.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

I'm rolling with only 2wd right now. I need to find time to get my front driveshaft and new yolks installed, and that weekend looks like the only opening that I'm going to get. If plans change, I'll post here to let you guys know I can make it.
Gotcha. Well, I will be there for sure, along with a bunch of others who posted on the other thread who said they were gonna join.... so, even if you just show up, shoot me a PM and we'll get together or whatever...

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Weekend Wheelin' 5/5 - 5/6