Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Uwharrie - April 18

Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, URE in April. I'll have to look at my schedule, once one is made here.
Get my 315/70s put on Tuesday.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Hmm, URE in April. I'll have to look at my schedule, once one is made here.
Get my 315/70s put on Tuesday.
Well I know I will be home no later than the 4th of april so If you guys suggest a date that would work for those who would like to link up, maybe we can set a official thread so that others could plan. I just was not sure if others may have already planned on hosting a run. I am new to the wheeling in this area and was not sure how to set it up. I would hate to step on someones toes if they were already planning. I just wanted to meet others in the area and put my rig where it belongs and meet others in the area.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
Stay together lol, if you "break out" you just might find yourself stuck on a trail int he middle of nowhere
I am such a cherry LOL!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in....

Is it April yet?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
God i wish. Its been 20 degrees for the last week.
x2 My pipes busted in my apartment causing my wife to have to stay in a hotel with my little ones untill they could repair ceilings and eletrical wire. I am no fan of cold weather at all now.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

how hard are the trails? I'm interested in going, but still have a pretty much virgin stock jk unlimited.... I have a 2.5 lift that's due to be put on in the next couple of weeks, but other than that no funds for any other extras :(

I've seen some interesting pics from runs there...

Thoughts?

Ah the joys of being unemployed....
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like we will have a good turnout. Earlier post suggest we pick a date. Any suggestions? I will be home NLT the 4th of April. I figure if we get everyones schedule it will make it easier to pick a date that accomadates all. This is going to be fun.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vandi
how hard are the trails? I'm interested in going, but still have a pretty much virgin stock jk unlimited.... I have a 2.5 lift that's due to be put on in the next couple of weeks, but other than that no funds for any other extras :(

Thoughts?

I think there are different trails for difficulty levels from what I was told but I am not 100 percent. Some one here will know though for certain. I have never been but I have talked to some locals and they say its a blast for everyone.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Suggested date for URE Run

How does April 11th or 18th sound? Either Saturday. Chime in and see what everyone thinks. Here is one of many weblinks for information on URE.

http://ncnatural.com/NCUSFS/Uwharrie/trails.html

Last edited by NC08JK; 01-23-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vandi

Thoughts?

I ran there in a 2dr with stock 18" rims and a 2.5" lift and did a lot better than I thought I would. Had to try a few obstacles a couple times, but it wasn't bad for street tires.

As far as dates, I may be able to do the 11th, but the 18th would probably be better for me. We may be able to avoid the initial rush to hit the trails when they reopen too.

Quick Reply: Uwharrie - April 18