Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any JK owners from the UK

Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
oh,
you see the customs charges, are they charged at 15% of the goods value, or goods + shipping value? or a different percentage?
You pay VAT on the goods as they arrive in UK. inc goods, shipping, insurance etc

Just had a call to say the parts are now in Manchester. Less the suspension kit which is still on back order. Hopefully will get the bumper nailed on next week.

Nick
Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick p
You pay VAT on the goods as they arrive in UK. inc goods, shipping, insurance etc

Just had a call to say the parts are now in Manchester. Less the suspension kit which is still on back order. Hopefully will get the bumper nailed on next week.

Nick
ok.
hey thats sweet. would you mind taking a few pics during install?
are you getting the aev suspension? what wheels are you going to run?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll take a few pics for sure!

Yep, I've ordered the 3.5" kit with high steer. I'm having a set of AEV wheels to run 35" tyres and a second set of Compomotive made 16" alloys to run 33" tyes for every day use. I think running 35" tyres on a daily basis will take the edge off the performance, at least until AEV do the RHD hemi kit
Nick
Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

I'll take a few pics for sure!

Yep, I've ordered the 3.5" kit with high steer. I'm having a set of AEV wheels to run 35" tyres and a second set of Compomotive made 16" alloys to run 33" tyes for every day use. I think running 35" tyres on a daily basis will take the edge off the performance, at least until AEV do the RHD hemi kit
Nick
oh COOL
that the setup im really interested in, after warenty is up im gonna order everything aev and see what sort of deal they can do it for. just got to be patient for the moment.
owell im trying to do all the electrical mods and small things right now, just about to put new amp and speakers in it
anyways good luck on the mods and keep us up to date
Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
JK Newbie

sweet. i would love a softtop but i dont think i would use it that much. do you know if its legal to run with the doors off in the UK? or do you need a bar/strap of some kind. im really tempted to just take them off but dont want to get done.
Hi

I've been offline for a while. I've got back into forums again with the lead up to the LeMans 24hrs so I thought I'd check out the JK forum as well.

You can take the doors off without a problem but you need an offside mirror. If you relocate the mirror that is fixed to the door you'll be ok to drive without the doors. Don't know what the Insurance Company will think of it though
Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

cool that good to know. i might go and get me some harley mirrors, they seem to work good.
do you think the insurance company will really mind? would i have to tell them before taking them off?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

just spoke to dave at aev about the front bumper bullbar.
he said that they made a few custom ones, but there was not enough demand to put it into production.
heres a pic, thought people migh be interested.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tubelessAEVBumper.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	23688

Last edited by scotlandjk; 05-06-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Nick
did it arrive yet
Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

did it arrive yet
The good news is the bumper arrived and is now fitted along with a 9500ti and the matching skid plate. The bad news is I bounced the camera off the floor and it didn't like the experience
All being well I'll borrow my fathers camera tomorrow and take a few pics.

Very impressed with the AEV kit, certainly compares well with ARB, Asfir and many UK manufactured winch bumpers we have fitted. Its involved but well made and thought out. I think the bumper is truly in harmony with the Jeep styling. Amazingly it sticks out 6" less than the standard bumper. I have not fitted the two caps on the front as we do not get the crush cans that the US do and I prefer the improved approach angle.
Pics to follow..........

Nick
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

The good news is the bumper arrived and is now fitted along with a 9500ti and the matching skid plate. The bad news is I bounced the camera off the floor and it didn't like the experience
All being well I'll borrow my fathers camera tomorrow and take a few pics.

Very impressed with the AEV kit, certainly compares well with ARB, Asfir and many UK manufactured winch bumpers we have fitted. Its involved but well made and thought out. I think the bumper is truly in harmony with the Jeep styling. Amazingly it sticks out 6" less than the standard bumper. I have not fitted the two caps on the front as we do not get the crush cans that the US do and I prefer the improved approach angle.
Pics to follow..........

Nick
thats cool i look forward to pics.
whats your thoughts on the bullbar, do you think its work ordering one without it? i really like it but IF i do get into an incident with a pedestrian, im thinking i could get into BIG trouble.
do you know the rules, is it that they cannot be fitted to a jeep of a cetain age? its just mine is a oct 2008 reg, and im not sure when the rules came out, if im lucky i could just say that it was installed before the rules came into force.

Quick Reply: Any JK owners from the UK