Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any JK owners from the UK

Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no JK at the moment, waiting to get my black Sahara from the dealers in November. I've got a load of mods either on order or in my garage. 33 inch Mickey Thompson Beja mtz, kmc addicts, terraflex 3 inch lift, front and rear rugged ridge xhd bumpers plus other bits.

This jeep thing is really addictive.

In my small town I'll have the 4 th JK. I live in Bushey, herts. I'll have to get a wave going.

Paul
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RLT
"Not sure that my JK is loving the short drives about Edinbrugh though....18.9mpg!"
Glad your enjoying the mods.
Was going pm you to see if you'd experienced any issues so far.
(By the way, how did you manage to get the snapped head bolt out of the tire carrier ?)
####
Well I'm getting 9 to 10 more MPG than that local driving.
I was told the snorkel can take a chunk off your milage with CRD's. Something to do with air being forced in rather than drawn, but what do I know
I was also taking to a guy who had a stock JK like mine but with Cooper SST's on the 18"'s and lost 6 or 7 MPG
Wouldn't think the Duratracs should do that much damage to the MPG. Maybe 2 ?

I was wondering with a lift that would cancel the rake and level the stance, with no steel bumper up front, may cause hood flutter which in turn, ( so I've read ), cause vibrations to the mopar hood lock knocking the levers out in the barrel. Any thoughts or experiences on that one ?

Just want to try & cover all the angles before i dive in next year.

RLT
I persuaded the uni's mech eng lab to let me work on the jeep with all their tools. They wanted to keep it as a display. Only took a small amount of time with a drill and a set of easy-outs.

I took the spring off the hood a long time ago so I don't get any issues with hood flutter. I really don't think that a lift would do anything to the lock mechanism though Also I have the kentrol stainless latches with are a big more snug than the stockers.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had my hood lock replaced by the dealer after only 13k miles, don't appear to have any hood flutter but the lock still went :-(
Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ntgas
Had my hood lock replaced by the dealer after only 13k miles, don't appear to have any hood flutter but the lock still went :-(
It was 3rd time lucky for mine.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"I really don't think that a lift would do anything to the lock mechanism though Also I have the kentrol stainless latches with are a big more snug than the stockers. "

The levers in the barrel are positioned from your ignition key when fitted. So there could be a possibilty of them lossing position I suppose.
Might have to look into different latches,but quitelike the stock ones.

RLT
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Think that's what happened to mine, you could open it IF you got the key in just the right place. From what you have said it makes sense that it worked if the key/pins all lined up just right. Need to keep it there and working somehow as I believe it's what helps the JK qualify for "Thatcham" approval status regarding insurance., but I might be wrong.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:10 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in Suffolk, had my Jeep almost a year now. Did the service myself yesterday but haven't as yet replaced the diesel filter as I can't find it. Anybody know where I'll find it?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bazzer
I'm in Suffolk, had my Jeep almost a year now. Did the service myself yesterday but haven't as yet replaced the diesel filter as I can't find it. Anybody know where I'll find it?
It is on the drivers side, if you crawl under and look at the chassis there is a bulge out of plate steel. That is the skid plate for the filter.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scotlandjk

It is on the drivers side, if you crawl under and look at the chassis there is a bulge out of plate steel. That is the skid plate for the filter.
Thanks mate, I'll have a crawl under later.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scotlandjk

Thanks for your help mate. It was blindingly obvious when I found it after seeing your photo.

Quick Reply: Any JK owners from the UK