Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

engine trouble and solutions..

Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine trouble and solutions..

Hi

have any of you had any trobble with your diesels/euro jeep?

Symptom, code (if you got one) and solution

Please post it here so that others don't have a hard time finding the solution

so far i only had one.

Sudently "almost" no trottle response while driving ,obd-reader code P0402 egr related, turned out to be a falty air flow meter.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so far the only thing wrong with mine is that is used to suddenly loose power when accelerating, but only for a split second. took it to the dealer and they said they couldnt replicate it so did nothing, recenlty it hasnt happend. my suspision was either dirt in fuel filter or some sort of electrical thing.

the only thing im worried about now is my clutch, it feels a bit wierd and only got 13000 on it.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Have had an annoying stalling issue which is pretty scary when you're in the middle of traffic or pulling out at a junction. Dealer fixed it but stills happens occasionally.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Uwe
JK Newbie

I do not have a code yet for my "troubles". JK Sahara Unlimited imported from Sweden and now stationed in Switzerland.

Special troubles indeed...

When i want to power off the engine and remove the key (a fairly standard procedure) while leaving the headlights on the engine keeps on running. I have always thought that by turning the ignition key to the off position the motor is separated from any electricity. But here this is obviously not the case

I've had this issue a few weeks after i got my car... First analysis show that it is something to do with the day light electronics which are required in Sweden thus this was disabled by the garage. After 2 weeks this day light activated itself again and the old problem with not being able to power off the engine appeared again...

Still much better than not being able to start the engine.

Next monday it will go to the garage again. Let's see what they, together with Chrysler find out.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Occasional ETC (throttle) light comes up, disappears after re-starting the engine. No error remains in memory.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickwalk
Have had an annoying stalling issue which is pretty scary when you're in the middle of traffic or pulling out at a junction. Dealer fixed it but stills happens occasionally.
Yep. I have a petrol version happens about once a week on average. Can happen twice a day and stay away for a week. Dealer can not replicate. No error codes. I had more software updates than a windows computer. To no avail. I have given up on it. Just have ot be carefull when pulling out a junction.

Quick Reply: engine trouble and solutions..