Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

EU Version "What was done to your JK this MONTH??"

Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question EU Version "What was done to your JK this MONTH??"

so i thought id see what the European guys have done in the way of mods.....notice the change to Month instead of week
probably wont get many replies but at least its somewhere to see what everyones been up to

i installed a new sound system recently and love it
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/new-speakers-new-amp-hu-88543/
Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went topless and then the rain came back (Typical for the UK of course) so I put a Bestop Trektop on.

Then decided to buy some tube doors for when the rain stops going to put them on tonight because of the nice weather.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by limey
I went topless and then the rain came back (Typical for the UK of course) so I put a Bestop Trektop on.

Then decided to buy some tube doors for when the rain stops going to put them on tonight because of the nice weather.
cool i was contemplating gettign a softtop, but £1500 is a bit steep. let us know how the trecktop holds up..

i took my doors of one day but my father said that i couldnt drive it cuz it was illegal?? not sure about that but owell.
also took the top off earlier......man you get some funny looks at tesco
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
ci took my doors of one day but my father said that i couldnt drive it cuz it was illegal?? not sure about that but owell.
I have been looking into doing the same in the UK. All I could find is that your Jeep has to have externally mounted rear view mirrors.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...03L0097:EN:NOT

I don't know if they have to be EU type approved if fitted after registration but I guess if all of the caravan towing mirrors have to be, any other type of accessory rear view mirror will have to be too.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

I have got my tube doors on and she is looking gooooood !!!

Got to hope the weather lasts to the weekend. Get some strange looks and double takes with the roof off and the tube doors on.

With regards the post about the law on exterior mirrors the bestop tube doors have a mounting to allow you to move the original mirrors over on to the tube doors so she should be all legal. I'll let you know if I get any interest from PC Plod

Suppose I should take some photos and post them before the rain returns.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got a few bits finished off. Plasma and fairlead on the winch. Plus I got rid of the crappy wander lead and put a waterproof switch on the winch bridge and a separate switch on the centre console (next to the handbrake).......

Also installed the Mopar heated seats...... I'm sure they'll be useful but hopefully not for as while!

Mounted the ARB compressor in the rear, just need to run the main feed wire. That partly depends if I'm going to put a fixed rear winch on it and all the associated work it entails. It now sort of matches the F/Ex on the other side....

What I really need is a few deliveries from the USA and see how much room I've got to play with!

Nick
Old 06-28-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

nice additions nick
i was thinking of getting some heated seats...how hard are they to install? the electrics i can def do but its the fabric seats i think i might struggle with.
also cool place for the arb compressor. is it just held in place with self tapping screws into the rollbar?

cheers
Dom
Old 06-28-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
nice additions nick
i was thinking of getting some heated seats...how hard are they to install? the electrics i can def do but its the fabric seats i think i might struggle with.
also cool place for the arb compressor. is it just held in place with self tapping screws into the rollbar?

cheers
Dom
Working with upholstry is never my favourite job but it wasn't too bad. The bolts into the floor were ruddy tight! If you read the write ups here on the forum it gives you a pretty good idea whats involved and I found them very useful.

Got a local machine shop to make this bracket up. Drilled 2 x csk holes in the ally (you can see one in the pic) and bolted it via tapped holes into the roll bar using 5mm csk screws. On the flat face I drilled and tapped it and put 4 x 6mm studs and then bolted up the compressor sandwiching some rubber sheet to help isolate it a tad. The wiring loom that comes with the pump is easy to adapt. I will run it via the winch isolator switch under the bonnet.

Nick
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Took the carpets and floor plugs out as I haven’t had to roof on for over a month and the bikini doesn’t really keep to rain out when sitting over night. What’s more its going to stay like that until the end of the summer. Also finally put the US front tow hooks on.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

mounted my antenna and cb
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_467.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	26449

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_474.jpg
Views:	322