Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

EU Version "What was done to your JK this MONTH??"

Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put some EBC greenstuff rear brake pads in.

h**p://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/parts_pad.asp?part=pad&make=JEEP&model=Wrangler&ye ar=2.8+TD+(2007-)

My brakes are corroding, the stock pads basically crumbled apart when I took them out, they haven't worn out just falling to pieces. Only done 19300 miles but after the change the wheels turn a great deal eaisier, I guess the old pads were rubbing a fair bit hence the squealing.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is very interesting, just a few days ago we were chatting in the Italian forum about the apparent lack of 'bite' of the OEM pads, one of the guys was suggesting using some race type that fits the caliper.
I'll keep your reference in mind for when the time comes, I am not really fond of the braking "sensation" the JK has.

Me? I am just idling ... I hope later in the day to finally fit my "straight pipe" for the exhaust, and clear the muffler.
Product is this one, made by an Italian firm: h**p://www.mattouno.com/PDF/TAILPIPE.pdf
h**p://www.mattouno.com/prodotti/?IDA=6738&Family=3&Model=177&Brand=10&page=2

It looks very well manufactured, we'll see once is on
Old 06-17-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Well the new pads are working great, a lot less squealing and a bit more bite, at least I think there is.

Put my new sub in.

Vibe Liteair compact 12"
Built in amplifier with max power of 1350W to go nicely with the 1000W 4channel
Easily removable in about 20 secs

Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Jeep just had its 2year/25000 mile service, it also had the brake fluid changed along with a recall on the steering damper (it has a new bracket,shock and cover on the shock) and also they changed the front ball joints as they were worn significantly at only 19800 miles. I am going to try and get a new set before the warranty ends in a years time.

Quick Reply: EU Version "What was done to your JK this MONTH??"