Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Jeep Skipping In Gear and Shutting Off

Old 04-30-2019, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Jeep Skipping In Gear and Shutting Off

2013 Jeep Jk. For the past 3 months, my Jeep has been skipping in all gears. Most of the time at low rpms. It will loose all throttle response then gain it back. It’s annoying but I figured the clutch may be going out. Today it happened more than usual and then shut off on me going down the road. I pulled over and it wouldn’t re-start. After 20 minutes of letting it sit it fired back up and I drove it home. It didn’t skip the entire way home after that. Not sure if this is related, but my oil pressure sensor has been causing my CEL to come on for a while now. Any ideas of what it can be or help? Thanks I’m advance.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Might be the crankshaft position sensor. Mine went same symptoms. Do yourself a favor and buy the $99 Blue Driver OBD2 scanner. Google the reviews on it.

Quick Reply: Jeep Skipping In Gear and Shutting Off