Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Newbies are discriminated upon

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbies are discriminated upon

I've spent a lot of time reading post so I can build the Ultimate Jeep. I don't ask questions because most of the time others have already asked the question. Therefore I read, a lot....

Now, I was planning on selling some of my old stuff and your system says I can't because I don't have 50+ postings ????? WTF ????

Are there any admins out there that can explain this? Do you guys really want us newbies to flood the system with the same questions over and over? I can't think of 50 questions to ask these people....

Any help or comments are appreciated....

Now, on to better things....
Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be mistaken but I think part of the reason they set the limit is to keep trolls or fly by night people from trying to start for sale threads for unscrupulous purposes. If you have to make 50 posts before being able to putting up something for sale it will discourage those with nefarious intentions. If that doesn't satisfy you, there is always craigslist which also you to post a free ad and reach a wider audience.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

This question has popped up before, kkuntz01 touched on it pretty well.

The idea is to prevent any scammers from posting for sale items, and taking a forum member's money and flying off into the night.

With 50 posts, you can have some history to at least size up a seller to try to determine whether you trust them enough to buy something off of them.

It is by no means perfect, and is of course just one of several different ways the board could have chosen to pursue for best protection of the forum members while still allowing free selling. None that have been discussed in the past were ever (in my opinion) to show any improvement over this method in protection for people while preventing scammers from posting stuff up for sale.

You don't have to post 50 questions, most sections count for post count...offer up some ideas for other forum members when they ask questions...you can hit 50 posts pretty easy.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does this one count?? Haha
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do understand your feedback. Just figured I would make someone that uses this site happy instead of using craigslist or others. No big deal. Still love the site and get great info from it. 90% of all the questions I had, had pre iously been answered or asked. I learn more when I read more.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Many large forums use yearly paid subscriptions... be happy that all you need is a few posts. I am also a HUGE lurker on just about every forum that I frequent. I find many posts to be useless and I hate adding to that pile, but a few here and there will get you 50 in no time. This is not really a democracy btw lol. It goes... Admin ---> Mods ---> "everyone else" in that order.

~Casey
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by archijeff
...Do you guys really want us newbies to flood the system with the same questions over and over? I can't think of 50 questions to ask these people...
You need 50 posts. You don't have to start 50 new threads.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

just keep saying, "bump" or ''GREAT PICS '' you'll be there in no time
Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rubious
just keep saying, "bump" or ''GREAT PICS '' you'll be there in no time
Bump great pics! Oh wait I already have over 50 posts rofl
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Yep. While I've bought several things of the classifieds I need 50 posts to sell! (one more closer!)

Quick Reply: Newbies are discriminated upon