Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Suggestions for the forum (where to post them ?)

Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for the forum (where to post them ?)

Not that my ideas would mean anything other then just my thoughts but where would I post them ?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

You could post them here or PM them to an administrator.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rather then start another thread, if an Adminstrator happens to read this, I suggest the following (only to make something a little easier and maybe increase member usage):

The posting appearance of the for sale items is not user friendly or easy to seach without pulling up each post and you can't seach by location or zip code. Maybe I don't understand some of the current functions.

I think this forum is great and use it daily for information. I just don't buy parts here since I cant find them quickly and close-by.

Thanks for listening to my opinion for what it might be worth. Used part buying sparks owner brand loyalty, increases members usage and maybe even increases sponsor sales (people normal can't buy new until they sell old).

Happy New Year - thanks for the great forum and all the cool members.

Scott

Last edited by Moochie; 01-04-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Edited out blacklisted / censored name & Craigslist / other forum mention
Old 01-27-2011, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guess nobody like the idea
Old 01-27-2011, 03:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are constrained by the functions of the forum software, so implementing changes you mentioned is no easy task (this is forum software, not eBay software apples~oranges)

I am by no means a Vbulletin guru but I know of no easy (or even hard) way to tweak things to function as you ask. We have attempted to address your issues in the past, on several occasions.

We specifically added the following information to the for sale forum FAQ's for that very reason:

• When posting an item for sale, please make sure to list your location and a price.

• If the item you are selling is available for pick up only, please indicate as much as well as your location in the title.
If people dont follow those suggestions then there is little we can do to make them.

If they DID use those suggestions then you could search the for sale subforums by zip code or location. But again, they dont. Usually the only time i see a zipcode is when people want a shipping quote.

Getting a location isnt to difficult IF people filled out the location in thier profiles. You simply click on the poster name and look at thier location. But again, people dont fill those sections out all the time either.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help if there was a section for stock parts and a section for aftermarket parts.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
We are constrained by the functions of the forum software, so implementing changes you mentioned is no easy task (this is forum software, not eBay software apples~oranges)

I am by no means a Vbulletin guru but I know of no easy (or even hard) way to tweak things to function as you ask. We have attempted to address your issues in the past, on several occasions.

We specifically added the following information to the for sale forum FAQ's for that very reason:

If people dont follow those suggestions then there is little we can do to make them.

If they DID use those suggestions then you could search the for sale subforums by zip code or location. But again, they dont. Usually the only time i see a zipcode is when people want a shipping quote.

Getting a location isnt to difficult IF people filled out the location in thier profiles. You simply click on the poster name and look at thier location. But again, people dont fill those sections out all the time either.
Thank you for at least a response - It is nice someone listened. Maybe you could make the location field a mandatory field which I am sure wouldn't be hard to accomplish but I am not a computer superstar.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do appreciate your suggestions, and I will pass them on. I am not on the programming end of things at all but I do understand what you are asking for and see where it would be helpful, if it can be accomplished.

Obviously I cannot guarantee any changes but we will see what happens, you never know as Vbulletin is constantly improving and upgrading its options.

I am no programmer or software expert. I'll take a torque wrench over a keyboard any day of the week.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks again..just looking for the forum to be better, faster, stronger.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for the forum (where to post them ?)