Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Arizona

Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this isnt you? If not, DONT move to Maricopa - Jeeps obviuosly jump into reverse and spontaneously combust there...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...e=nletter-news
Old 04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
I hope this isnt you? If not, DONT move to Maricopa - Jeeps obviuosly jump into reverse and spontaneously combust there...

What are you looking for, give us more details and we can point you in the right direction. Are you looking for land or just a house? I'm in N. Scottsdale and LOVE it. There are lots of great areas in the N. Phoenix area, too.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Go Tucson, it is cooler in every sense of the word. But when PHX is a 117 and Tucson is a 114, both are REALLY hot.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

I had 2 houses in Maricopa. It's mostly new with some older parts of town. It's been around for a long time. The new houses are nice. Like any area experiencing the effects of the real estate decline there are vacant houses, foreclosures & the crud that comes with. However that is going on in most neighborhoods.
As for the drive. It's 30 min outside of downtown Phx. You're about 15 mi from Ahwatukee in one direction, Casa Grande in the other. Personally I liked the fact that it's surrounded by Indian res because it will remain somewhat undeveloped.
Shamrock Farms isn't far away so you do have the smell of cows wafting in the air often but this is also true of Gilbert, Chandler & areas of Phoenix.
For the price you really can't go wrong. And theres plenty of amenities now. My first house was bought in 2002 which was before any of the stores & fast food joints were built. That took some adjusting. :-)
If you want to know more PM me since I've typed a novel already...
Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd

Dan I want to know if you paid for that story because the irony of that is priceless
Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awesomo
and Mesa isn't "ghetto"?
Not East Mesa, McDowell east of Power...
Old 04-30-2011, 01:28 AM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

I travel through Maricopa a lot, If you like FLIES & COW STINK then you will love it! Oh yeah, and wait for the heat to set in EVEN MORE FIES & COW STINK!!! Just what you need for a afternoon BBQ. Go west valley...
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
I travel through Maricopa a lot, If you like FLIES & COW STINK then you will love it! Oh yeah, and wait for the heat to set in EVEN MORE FIES & COW STINK!!! Just what you need for a afternoon BBQ. ...
x2 on that,, I remember even back in the 80's goin through there n sayin "Eeewwww,, Hod Damn,, whats that?, Smells like lower Chandler,,, N.W. or N.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. Of course I am a little bias, but I believe the East Valley is the place to live. Apache Junction has a small town feel and still has all the big name stores. Just 25 minutes from Phoenix by either Hiway 60 or Loop 202. But the best reasons are the beautiful views of the Superstition Mountains, 3 lakes for recreation, lots of hiking trails, and since we all have Jeeps, you are only 15 miles away from some of the best Jeepin trails in AZ. In the pic below are my red Jeeps with the Superstitions in the background.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capone
Dan I want to know if you paid for that story because the irony of that is priceless
Nope - just dropped in my lap on my AZ Central app

Could not resist...

Quick Reply: Arizona