Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

box canyon az.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default box canyon az.

box canyon, friday a.m. thats where i'll be, anyone been there, any suggestions? anyone want to go?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I might be up for this, where's it at?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM
JK Freak

you can always count on bulldog... haha
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

I like to run it North to South, but either way is fun. Route finding can be difficult as there are dozens of side trails along the way and it's not always clear which one to take. There were two obsticles that you will find fun, othrewise it's pretty easy. There is the waterfall (no water this time of year), which looks challenging when you first approach it, but is actually pretty easy, depending on the line you take. In the Box itself, there is a large boulder that you have to go over, if you have an unlimited, expect to give your skid plates a workout, but take your time and you'll make it without assistance.

If you are looking for more of a chllenge, try some of the side trails, they range from easy to extreme, so it's good to have a book or guide, so you know which to avoid and which you want to do.

Take plenty of water and food, it's a heavily used trail, but can take longer than it looks, especially if you make a few wrong turns.

Bulldog - Box Canyon is located east of Phoenix near Florence Junction.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NGINIER
you can always count on bulldog... haha
It's all about the time behind the wheel, plus I like weekday trips. Not as many people.

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I like to run it North to South, but either way is fun. Route finding can be difficult as there are dozens of side trails along the way and it's not always clear which one to take. There were two obsticles that you will find fun, othrewise it's pretty easy. There is the waterfall (no water this time of year), which looks challenging when you first approach it, but is actually pretty easy, depending on the line you take. In the Box itself, there is a large boulder that you have to go over, if you have an unlimited, expect to give your skid plates a workout, but take your time and you'll make it without assistance.

If you are looking for more of a chllenge, try some of the side trails, they range from easy to extreme, so it's good to have a book or guide, so you know which to avoid and which you want to do.

Take plenty of water and food, it's a heavily used trail, but can take longer than it looks, especially if you make a few wrong turns.

Bulldog - Box Canyon is located east of Phoenix near Florence Junction.

Thanks Scouter.
I really need to get a offroad book . Any suggestions on the best one to get? Where?

Mitchell...
Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go to any off road shop and get the book that's by Chuck Wells (can't remember the exact name of the book). It gives great trail descriptions as well as GPS coordinates.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Go to any off road shop and get the book that's by Chuck Wells (can't remember the exact name of the book). It gives great trail descriptions as well as GPS coordinates.
I've heard of that one, I'll be at the motorcycle shop later today. Anyone else going?

bswaltm, how many are in your group? I'm up for the trip, you want to meet-up anywhere before the trail? As I haven't been there before.

Thanks, Mitchell...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AZ Bulldog
Thanks Scouter.
Originally Posted by AZ Bulldog
I really need to get a offroad book . Any suggestions on the best one to get? Where?

Mitchell...

Any time. I like the Wells book (Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails), but also have all the Arizona Trails books, which are broken out by region, have color photos and more GPS coordinates, plus more trails. I carry all of them as I like what both have to offer.

One that I've gotten some good info on Trails.com is Backcountry Adventures: Arizona
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Any time. I like the Wells book (Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails), but also have all the Arizona Trails books, which are broken out by region, have color photos and more GPS coordinates, plus more trails. I carry all of them as I like what both have to offer.

One that I've gotten some good info on Trails.com is Backcountry Adventures: Arizona

This is the book I actually picked up today, lots of info.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Actually I'm out for this trip, my wife just informed me that I have a funeral to attend Friday morning. Maybe next time...

Quick Reply: box canyon az.