Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Calling NM!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can go on 4/25 & 4/26 or 5/2 & 5/3
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shredX
Tank Trap: Most owners of a JK would not like the scrapes and scratches likely to be endured. Brandon with his unlimited Rubi on 4" lift and 37" tires came away unscathed, but most don't have 37's. I scratched two wheels, front and rear bumper, pinstriped both sides and crushed the exhaust. Having said that, I'll be there in a heart beat. The next time we go, it would be fun to run it both ways....depending on time.

Puerco: I'm sure most are a bit tired of it, but it's great for the newer crowd. They can do most of the obstacles and almost everything is has a bypass. Dougr used to lead a "stock rig/beginners run" that would drop in a bit north of the usual spot. It's an hour or two of tame trail but still with lots of articulation. It dumps back into the main wash then you can hit the rest of the obstacles.

Others: I've never done them, so I'm very interested. My preference is to keep it somwhat challenging. I have plenty of mild trails up here.

Regardless, I'll go with the group and have a great time. A bad day on the trail is better than a good day at work any time.
Well I think the reason everyone runs Puerco for two reasons.
1) Its close to Alb (Where most of us are)
2) Its got something for everyone.

Well maybe we can do a mild run for everyone. And a second to Tank Trap for those who want to attempt/do it again. ....
Old 04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to go on a run sometime with you guys. Right now gotta get my lift on. Have the 35s on but stock so no wheeling til I get my tf 2.5 on there. Right now it is sitting in the back of the jeep :(
Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh yeah. Red River (and Taos) just received another 6" of snow. I think those trails are a no go for now.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shredX
I can go on 4/25 & 4/26 or 5/2 & 5/3
Ill be in Moab next weekend but maybe the following I can go.....

Originally Posted by 4drRubi
I would love to go on a run sometime with you guys. Right now gotta get my lift on. Have the 35s on but stock so no wheeling til I get my tf 2.5 on there. Right now it is sitting in the back of the jeep :(
Well if we are shooting for the first weekend in May then you got 2 weeks. I am pretty sure I got to help my parents clean out their house tomorrow. The GF is busy all day so it would of been a perfect day for me to help out on the lift. I might be able to still help you out tomorrow.

Originally Posted by 4drRubi
I know no Goose Lake until labor day like I did last year I know better then to think it will be passable the first part of June
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have taken it out to Rio Puerco once a few weeks ago and had a blast even mashed up my bumper a little bit and had my sway bar disconnect take a crap lol. Good thing for warranty the part was almost 1700 list. I have my 35s on it now but cant turn to full lock or it makes a wonderful rubbing sound and if I went offroad with out the lift I could see it going very bad lol

Quick Reply: Calling NM!!!