Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Easter Jeep Safari, Moab???

Old 01-20-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter Jeep Safari, Moab???

I'm planning on coming out for the Safari this year. Still haven't decided whether to drive or fly (26hr one way drive time). Any recommendations on where to stay, what Jeep rental company to use if I fly, or any other tips?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Graluc
I'm planning on coming out for the Safari this year. Still haven't decided whether to drive or fly (26hr one way drive time). Any recommendations on where to stay, what Jeep rental company to use if I fly, or any other tips?

Thanks!
Dave
Better get moving on it fast! We got bumped from our Condo into a rental house. Nicer digs but a little further from the action. This will be my first time going so I don't have any advice on specifics, but I do know you'd better hurry!

-E
Old 01-27-2007, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Jeep safari in Moab is amazing. glad you're going. I planned my wedding last year around going on Jeep Safari for the honeymoon. Anyway, things not to miss: vendor show in the Spanish Trail Arena (usually Thurs and Fri before Big Saturday), Potato Salad Hill (can get a little crazy with partying but the action is usually good), Big Saturday trail launch in the morning (1500 Jeeps leaving downtown Moab for the days trails). If you rent a Jeep, Cliffhanger Jeep Rental rents TJ Rubicons with 4" lifts and 33's. Contact them early as it may be too late. I know I'll be chastised for this, but the Hummer tour offered through the Moab Adventure Center is a lot of fun. Its kind of expensive but it beats breakin your own vehicle on Hells Revenge. Campgrounds and hotels fill up quickly, but there are always campsites available, you'll just be farther from town. Zax wood fired pizza and the Moab Diner are the best spots to eat.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info! I finally got my 4" lift in this week, so now I'm rolling on 37"s. I'll definately be driving out.

Quick Reply: Easter Jeep Safari, Moab???