Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hmmm

Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm

So does anyone on here actually get together for wheelin or do my fellow AZ JKers have local clubs to ride with?
I'm trying to meet some locals who actually want to go out. My bf & I are out nearly every weekend but our friends can't keep up!
The clubs I've checked out here don't seem to post many events. Lame.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrrtyGrl
So does anyone on here actually get together for wheelin or do my fellow AZ JKers have local clubs to ride with?
I'm trying to meet some locals who actually want to go out. My bf & I are out nearly every weekend but our friends can't keep up!
I agree it's funny that very few trips get posted. My theory is that very few people like to lead runs, and worry about getting too many jeeps, or people in over their heads, or folks that worry about getting drrty or a scratch or two.

I get out once in a while when the weather is cool... let me know when you guys are heading out and I will do the same.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

heya - Just picked up a 2011 Sport just about 500miles ago -) GF and I like to look for old ghost towns and shiny rocks.. Jeep is bone stock - and I don't have any trail gear yet.. Have a hand held GPS but have not figured out any plans yet.. Went up into the white tanks a couple days ago - that's the most off-road we've seen yet.
New Tires tomorrow - would like to go "somewhere" this weekend -

had a Tacoma a few years ago - had problems saying no - and took her to places she didn't have any right being - too much damage for my taste. Won't be doing that with the Jeep - am going to try and stay around 1,2,3 rated trails..

West Side Goodyear - Maybe Wickenburg ?? Constellation?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

We're headed to Table Mesa this weekend to camp/wheel if you're interested. There are several trails out there ranging from easy to difficult. We'll be out Fri night to Sun afternoon.
Most likely headed to Sheep's Crossing for Memorial weekend.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dsrtwhlr
heya - Just picked up a 2011 Sport just about 500miles ago -) GF and I like to look for old ghost towns and shiny rocks.. Jeep is bone stock - and I don't have any trail gear yet.. Have a hand held GPS but have not figured out any plans yet.. Went up into the white tanks a couple days ago - that's the most off-road we've seen yet.
New Tires tomorrow - would like to go "somewhere" this weekend -

had a Tacoma a few years ago - had problems saying no - and took her to places she didn't have any right being - too much damage for my taste. Won't be doing that with the Jeep - am going to try and stay around 1,2,3 rated trails..

West Side Goodyear - Maybe Wickenburg ?? Constellation?
Cherry Rd to Jerome is nice. I did that in my 06 Tacoma. No 4x4 needed though...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Cherry Rd to Jerome is nice. I did that in my 06 Tacoma. No 4x4 needed though...
Thanks - maybe we'll do that someday - but I'm thinking I'd like to try something a little bit harder I do enjoy a good scenic run though. Been to sunflower mine lately? not sure if I'd do the loop stock - but up to the mine is nice. Enjoy TM!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks - maybe we'll do that someday - but I'm thinking I'd like to try something a little bit harder I do enjoy a good scenic run though. Been to sunflower mine lately? not sure if I'd do the loop stock - but up to the mine is nice. Enjoy TM!
I haven't but some of my friends did it recently & I'd like to check it out for sure.
Yeah Cherry Rd is def an easy road. I have a book at home that I need to sort through & pick some runs. I'll keep you posted. :-)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't but some of my friends did it recently & I'd like to check it out for sure.
Yeah Cherry Rd is def an easy road. I have a book at home that I need to sort through & pick some runs. I'll keep you posted. :-)
Oh yah! I'm always up for Sunflower Mine Haven't been in a couple years.. I think we just found our run! With the 100's on the way - sunflower would be a nice trip - it's a "little" bit cooler there
Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Oh yah! I'm always up for Sunflower Mine Haven't been in a couple years.. I think we just found our run! With the 100's on the way - sunflower would be a nice trip - it's a "little" bit cooler there
Sounds good to me! May is full for me except Sun 5/15. Otherwise we'd be looking into June.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you been to the group section - Phoenix JK. We are having a meet and greet this saturday night - check out the M&G section fro details. We have a wide range of members from mild to wild... We have done, Table Mesa (Upper and lower terminator - Raw deal, etc... ) Turkey Creek, Sun Flower, the Coves, Back way to Crown King, etc, etc.. We are agood group of folks who love to have a good time and wheel...

Come check us out.

Quick Reply: Hmmm